Jump to navigation Jump to search
Philip Achille is a British harmonica player who attended Solihull School, a British independent school in the West Midlands. He is currently studying chromatic harmonica at the Royal College of Music.
His recent achievements include:
- National Harmonica League Player of the Year 2005 
- World Youth Solo Chromatic Harmonica Champion 2005 
- World Open Harmonica Champion 2005 
- Tabor Foundation Award 2006 
- Birmingham International Jazz Festival Young Musician 2006 
- Eurovision Young Musician of the Year Finalist 2008
- Achille was featured on the soundtrack for the 2007 movie Mr. Bean's Holiday.
- Achille played Larry Adler's theme music from the British film comedy "Genevieve" with John Wilson's Ochestra at the BBC Proms at the Albert Hall, London, in 2007.
- Achille played the introduction section for Jon Bon Jovi's finale of the Royal Variety Performance 2007.
- Achille also played at Andrew Lloyd Webber's birthday celebration in Hyde Park in September 2008.
- Achille performed with Lionel Richie during 2012 for his performance on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross and for a radio programme appearance on Heart FM
- Achille appeared on the CBeebies program ZingZillas on the episode "The Z Factor".
- "BBC - Young Musician of the Year - Tabor Foundation Award". BBC. Retrieved 17 May 2007.
- "Teen brings harmonica to the masses". SecEd. 2 February 2006. Retrieved 17 May 2007.
- "Philip's hitting the high notes". Birmingham Mail. 25 January 2006. Retrieved 17 May 2007.
- "Featured Performers: Philip Achille, Harmonica". Channel 4. Retrieved 17 May 2007.
- "Philip's Royal Variety Performance, December 2007". YouTube. Archived from the original on 21 December 2021. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
- "BBC - Radio 2 - Andrew Lloyd Webber's Birthday in the Park". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 7 August 2020.