|Parliament of New Zealand|
Burdon was an MP from 1981 to 1996, representing the National Party. He was first elected to Parliament in the 1981 elections as MP for the Christchurch electorate of Fendalton, and was re-elected for that electorate until leaving Parliament at the 1996 elections. He was the New Zealand Minister of State Owned Enterprises from 1993 to 1996.
- Temple, Philip (1994). Temple’s Guide to the 44th New Zealand Parliament. Dunedin: McIndoe Publishers. p. 56. ISBN 0 86868 159 8.
- "New Zealand Government Ministers Hon Philip Burdon". New Zealand Government. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- "Who's who on the 2008 Power List". The Press (Fairfax New Zealand). 12 December 2008. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- "Confident Future For Japan NZ relations". Scoop. 2 November 2009. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- Bohan, Edmund (2004). Burdon: a man of our time. Hazard Press. ISBN 978-1-877270-90-1. OCLC 62718931.
|New Zealand Parliament|
|Member of Parliament for Fendalton
|This article about a New Zealand National Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Zealand law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|