Philip Clarke (businessman)
|Born||Philip Andrew Clarke
8 March 1960
|Alma mater||University of Liverpool|
|Predecessor||Sir Terry Leahy|
He was born in Liverpool, where his father was a Tesco store manager in the Wirral for many years, and gave Clarke his first job as a schoolboy in 1974.
Having initially stacked shelves at his local Tesco, he returned after graduating to join the Tesco Management Training Programme in 1981. Appointed to the Board of Directors in 1998, he then went on to replace Sir Terry Leahy in 2011. He sits on the Board of Directors of the Consumer Goods Forum. Philip has announced that he is leaving Tesco's board, effective 1 October 2014, which was brought forward to 1 September 2014.
He lives in Hertfordshire with his wife, Linda, and has two children.
- "Philip Andrew Clarke: Executive Profile". Business Week. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- Codd, Danielle (2011-04-19). "BBC News - Profile: Who is Tesco's new boss Philip Clarke?". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "Phillip Clarke". European CEO. 3 April 2012. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "Relentless rise to the top of Tesco's 'Mr Supply Chain'". London Evening Standard. 9 June 2010. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- Andrew Oxlade (2010-06-08). "Philip Clarke is Tesco's new boss, so where has he come from?". This is Money. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "Philip Clarke: the new man behind Tesco". Telegraph. London. 2010-02-28. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "Board of Directors - Tesco PLC". Ar2010.tescoplc.com. Archived from the original on 10 September 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- Consumer Goods Forum website, Board of Directors Archived 31 August 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- BBC News (2014-07-21). "PTesco boss Philip Clarke to leave retailer". Retrieved 2014-07-21.
- Zoe Wood and Graeme Wearden (2010-06-08). "Philip Clarke: a profile of Tesco's next chief executive | Business". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
|This English business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|