Philip Firsov (born 8 April 1985 in Moscow) is a British painter and sculptor of Russian origin.
Born in Moscow in the family of two Russian composers Elena Firsova and Dmitri Smirnov, he left Russia in the age of 6. The family settled in England. From the age of 15 he studied art privately with Russian Artist and Restorer Alexander Kolesnik, and then continued his education in Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, Foundation, Slade School of Fine Art, BA in Fine Art, and Prince's Drawing School, Post Graduate Scheme.
- 2008–2009: Prince's Drawing School, Post Graduate Scheme
- 2007: Artist in Residence, Cucuteni Symposium "Human", Iasi, Romania; Diploma of Excellence
- 2007: Painting Symposium, Campina, Romania; Diploma of Excellence
- 2004–2008: Slade School of Fine Art, BA in Fine Art
- 2003–2004: Central Saint Martin’s, Foundation
- 2000–2005: Privately studied Atelier of Russian Artist and Restorer, Alexander Kolesnik, Acme Studios, Deptford
- 2013 26 November – 1 December. "Entwined" The Crypt Gallery St Pancras New Church, Euston Rd NW1 London
- 2012 October Solo exhibition, Nati Gallery, Warren Street London W1T 5LU
- 2012 Februaery Philip Firsov and Phoebe Cope. TwentyTwo to TwentySix. London
- 2011: 9–18 May "My Russia ReDrawn" - Solo Exhibition at Frameless Gallery, 20 Clerkenwell Green, London EC1
- 2010: October/November "Exodus" — Solo Exhibition at Frameless Gallery, 20 Clerkenwell Green, London EC1
- 2010: October Solo Exhibition in Supperclub Aclam Rd Portobello
- 2007: Exhibition of Cupola Gallery, Iasi, Romania
- 2007: Exhibition of sculptures and films, Brunel Museum, Rotherhithe, London
- 2006: Artist in Residence, Dartington Summer Music Festival (Devon), Shipon Gallery
- 2006: Artist in Residence, Oxford Contemporary Music Festival, Jacqueline du Pré music Building, St. Hilda's College, Oxford
- 2005: Cheltenham Triptych of Paintings, The Pitville Pump Room, Cheltenham Music Festival, Cheltenham
- 2005: Sculpture Installation, Window Gallery Central Saint Martin’s, Charing Cross Road, London
Selected group exhibitions
- 2011: November. Hanover Music Society. Exhibition of 3 paintings on Kubla Khan. Projection of works on Music Stage during the concert.
- 2011: October, Group Show Assisi Galleria Comunale. Contemporary Art Residency Ginestrelle. Sculpture of St Francis (in wood).
- 2010: June–August, Summer Contemporary, Fulham Art Fair by Salon Art Bizarre in association with Unique Art Gallery on 595 King’s Road.
- 2010: 7–21 June, Art Exhibition '20 years of Russians in Britain', Europa Gallery, Sutton Library, St.Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey SM1 1EA
- 2008: Dialects: Part 1, Pushkin House (Russian Cultural Centre), Bloomsbury Way
- 2008: Paintings in Association with Salon Russe, Brunel Museum, Rotherhithe, London
- 2008: Russian Winter Season, 54 Gallery, Mayfair, London
- 2008: Paintings, Sculptures and Films at MC Motors, Dalston
- 2007: Film screenings Melange Social Club, Hackney, London
- MAY 2007: NOMI (NEW WORLD OF ART) Pictures of artists work and article
- May 2007: London Info and Anglia Russian Newspapers, Photos of my work and articles about Dialects
- May 2007: Financial Times, Review, written by Jackie Wullschlager, Chief Editor.
Life and Arts Critics Choice
- 2012: Philip Firsov and Phoebe Cope. TwentyTwo to TwentySix. London.: "Russian born Philip Firsov is an inventive painter and sculptor who is able to transform art-historical sources — ranging from constructivism to Velázquez — into narratives of his own making referencing just as vividly today's jumbled information overload; his latest work "The Couple", theatrical, lavish in detail and execution, points to a new assurance." Jackie Wullschlager. Critic's choice Review in "Financial Times". Life & Arts, 15. 18 February 2012.
- 2007: 24 Hour Museum and Timeout London: Timeout: Man of Iron: Sculpture Exhibition, The Brunel Museum, Rotherhithe, Articles about Artist's work
- 2006 August 5: Financial Times Critic's choice Review written by Jackie Wullschlager, Chief Editor.
|Wikilivres has original media or text related to this article:|