This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Philip Klapwijk is an economist in precious metals commodities markets.
After studies at the London School of Economics and the College of Europe in Bruges where he obtained degrees in economics, he started work as an analyst with Gold Fields Mineral Services (now GFMS), a precious metals and base metals forecasting & consultancy company specialising in global gold, silver, platinum and palladium market research, reports, annual reviews and analysis. Following the management buyout of GFMS in 1988 with Paul Walker and Hester le Roux he became Executive Chairman and Global Head of Metals Analytics. In 2011 GFMS became part of Thomson Reuters.
After leaving GFMS Philip Klapwijk became Managing Director of Precious Metals Insights Limited a Hong Kong based precious metals consultancy company for investors and other institutions. He speaks at conferences in English and in Spanish on precious metals and other commodities and his views on the gold, silver and PGMs markets are quoted in online media and the financial press and in business news channels such as Bloomberg News. In the 2009 London bullion market LBMA Forecast Philip Klapwijk was awarded the prizes for the year's most accurate economic forecaster for both gold and silver prices  and was the LBMA first prize winner for most accurate platinum forecast for 2014.
- "Company History GFMS Thomson Reuters". GFMS. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Gold bears eye fall". FT.com. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "Gold price boom will end". thisismoney.co.uk. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "Press release for the 2009 LBMA Forecast winners" (PDF). LBMA. Retrieved 5 January 2010.
- "Press release for the 2014 LBMA Forecast winners". LBMA. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- Precious Metals Insights Limited Official site
- Philip Klapwijk News at Bloomberg.com
- Philip Klapwijk News at Moneycontrol.com, India
- Mines and Money Hong Kong Keynote speaker 2012
- Articles in The Economic Times, India
- Mining MX, Rainmakers & Potstirrers, Mexico profile of Philip Klapwijk
- Mail & Guardian Online, Africa interview 2011