Philip Melmoth Nelson Guy
Sir Philip Guy
Sidmouth, Devon, England
|Died||10 March 1878|
|Commands held||British Troops at Danapur|
Commander of British Troops in China and Hong Kong
Lieutenant Governor of Jersey
|Battles/wars||Siege of Lucknow|
|Awards||Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath|
Lieutenant General Sir Philip Melmoth Nelson Guy KCB (1804–1878) was Commander of British Troops in China and Hong Kong and Lieutenant Governor of Jersey.
He was appointed Commander of British Troops in China and Hong Kong in 1864 and Lieutenant Governor of Jersey in 1868, a post he relinquished in 1873.
- "No. 18069". The London Gazette. 9 October 1824. p. 1652.
- "No. 22050". The London Gazette. 13 October 1857. p. 3421.
- British and Indian armies on the China coast 1785-1985 by Harfield, A G, Published by A and J Partnership, 1990, Pages 483-484 ISBN 0-9516065-0-6
- "No. 23428". The London Gazette. 2 October 1868. p. 5215.
- "No. 24024". The London Gazette. 10 October 1873. p. 4533.
| Commander of British Troops in China and Hong Kong
Sir Burke Cuppage
| Lieutenant Governor of Jersey
Sir William Norcott