Philip E. Orbanes is an American board game designer, author, founding partner and former president of Winning Moves Games in Danvers, Massachusetts. Orbanes is a graduate of the Case Institute of Technology (now Case Western Reserve University). He was a Senior Vice President for Research and Development at Parker Brothers until the 1990s. Orbanes has also served as Chief Judge at U.S. National and World Monopoly tournaments.
Orbanes has written three books about the board game Monopoly (his book The Monopoly Companion has been printed in three distinct editions). His Monopoly: The World’s Most Famous Game and How It Got That Way is consider the definitive reference book. He also wrote a book about the history of Parker Brothers from the 1880s to the start of the 21st century. His book about the card game Rook, however, is only found packaged along with the game's cards, published by Winning Moves Games. Orbanes also authored articles for The Games Journal on acquiring the rights to out of print games, and the card game, Canasta.
- Orbanes, Philip (1988). The Monopoly Companion (First ed.). Bob Adams, Inc. ISBN 1-55850-950-X.
- Orbanes, Philip (1999). The Monopoly Companion: The Players Guide (Second ed.). Adams Media Corporation. ISBN 1-58062-175-9.
- Orbanes, Philip E. (1999). Rook in a Book. Winning Moves, Inc. ISBN 1-891056-25-5.
- Orbanes, Philip E. (August 2000). "The Canasta Story". The Games Journal. Retrieved 2006-09-13.
- Orbanes, Philip E. (September 2000). "Acquiring Game Rights". The Games Journal. Retrieved 2006-09-13.
- Orbanes, Philip E. (2004). The Game Makers: The Story of Parker Brothers from Tiddledy Winks to Trivial Pursuit (First ed.). Harvard Business School Press. ISBN 1-59139-269-1.
- Orbanes, Philip E. (2006). Monopoly: The World's Most Famous Game—And How it Got that Way (First ed.). Da Capo Press. ISBN 0-306-81489-7.
- Orbanes, Philip (2007). The Monopoly Companion: The Players Guide (Third ed.). Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. ISBN 978-1-4027-5406-7.
- Orbanes, Philip E. (2013). Monopoly, Money and You: How to Profit from the Game's Secrets of Success (First ed.). McGraw-Hill. ISBN 9780071808439.
- DeMarco, Peter (October 22, 2009). "The chairman of the board". Boston Globe. The Globe Company. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- Pannell, Ni'Kesia (September 20, 2018). "13 unique editions of Monopoly you probably forgot existed". INSIDER. Retrieved December 4, 2018.