Philip Edward Yea|
11 December 1954
|Education||Wallington County Grammar School|
|Alma mater||Brasenose College, Oxford|
|Known for||CEO, 3i Group plc, 2005-09|
Philip Edward Yea (born 11 December 1954) is a British businessman and private equity investor who currently serves as chairman of the British Heart Foundation and of Equiniti Plc.  Prior to this, he was chief executive of 3i Group plc, from 2005 to January 2009. Yea is an executive director of Vodafone Group plc and senior business adviser to Prince Andrew, Duke of York. In 2008, he was ranked 41st in The Times Power 100 list, a list which rates the most powerful people in British business
Yea joined 3i in July 2004, after a career spanning both public and private companies, having been a managing director at Investcorp, where his main focus was on the performance of portfolio investments. He joined Investcorp in 1999 from Diageo. He spent six years as group finance director, both at Guinness and then at Diageo after Guinness's merger with Grand Metropolitan in 1997. Yea's thirteen-year career at Guinness/Diageo mainly involved financial positions but also saw him in a number of wider-ranging roles including the chairmanship of The Gleneagles Hotel and Guinness Publishing. He was also a director of Moët Hennessy and chairman of Bwin.Party Digital Entertainment. He has also been a non-executive director of HBOS plc and of Manchester United plc.
Yea is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
He is married with three children.
- "Management Today". managementtoday.co.uk. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "British Heart Foundation Trustees". bhf.org.uk. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/AN_1499155704021365800/equiniti-appoints-greene-kings-philip-yea-as-chairman-from-september.aspx. Retrieved 7 March 2018. Missing or empty
- Duke of York says Yea as ex 3i boss gets Royal approval. The Telegraph
- "The Times & The Sunday Times". thetimes.co.uk. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- The Times Power 100: Do you Know who Really Runs Britain's Boardrooms? The Times, November 7, 2005
- Yea, Philip Edward, (born 11 Dec. 1954), Chairman, Greene King, since 2016." WHO'S WHO & WHO WAS WHO. 25 Jun. 2018
- Big Shot The Times, 12 May 2006
- Philip Yea: The Acceptable Face of Private Equity. The Independent, 23 June 2007
- The Poster Boy of Private Equity. The Telegraph, 8 July 2007
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|