This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Philipp Rudolf Humm
1 January 1959
|Education||University of Michigan; MBA IMEDE (IMD)in Switzerland|
After studying Philosophy and Business in Germany and at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Humm began his career in 1982 at Procter & Gamble. In 1985 he received his MBA degree with distinction from IMD Business School in Switzerland.
Previously, Humm served as Vodafone's chief executive for Europe from October 1, 2012  to 2015. From 2005 to 2012 Humm held various executive roles with Deutsche Telekom having led T-Mobile USA from November 2010 – June 2012. From 2009 to 2010, Humm was CRO (Chief Regional Officer) and a member of the Executive Committee of T-Mobile International. From 2005 to 2008, Humm was CEO and Chief Sales Officer for T-Mobile Germany. From January 2007 to 2008, he also served as a member of the Management Board of Deutsche Telekom's wireline division.
From 1986 to 1992, Humm was with the consulting firm McKinsey & Company in Germany and Los Angeles. From 1992 to 1999, Humm was an executive with the grocery retailer Tengelmann in Germany, where he became a member of the Executive Board in 1996 and in 1998 CEO of their food-discounter, Plus. From 2000 to 2002, Humm was an executive with the online retailer Amazon, where he held roles as Managing Director for Amazon.com Germany and France, and VP Europe.
Humm started up various companies, such as Gourmondo.de Gourmondo.de an online grocery retailer in Germany.
Humm was born in 1959. He is German, his mother is BelgiAN. He has three children from his first marriage.
- "This Struggling Artist Has a Powerful Corporate Backer - WSJ". wsj.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Humm becomes Eurofiber chairman - Telecompaper". telecompaper.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Ex-Vodafone executive joins board of adblocker Shine - FT.com". ft.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Vodafone hires former T-Mobile USA CEO in Europe - GeekWire". geekwire.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Vodafone Europe chief Philipp Humm out in leadership streamlining by Vittorio Colao | City A.M.". cityam.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "T-Mobile USA CEO dishes on new strategy (Q&A) - CNET". news.cnet.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Karriere: 40 Köpfe, auf die Sie 2011 achten sollten". wiwo.de. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Philipp Humm zu T-Mobile USA: Harte Hand fürs kriselnde Geschäft". handelsblatt.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.