This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
After studying Philosophy and Business in Germany at the Saarland University and at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Humm began his career in 1982 at Procter & Gamble. In 1985 he received his MBA degree with distinction from IMD Business School in Switzerland.
Humm is an Artist and Tech investor. As artist Humm (www.philipprudolfhumm.com) had solo exhibitions at London's Saatchi, Riflemaker and Hix galleries Riflemaker Gallery in addition to group shows in London-UK, Venice-Italy and Potsdam/Remagen-Germany. Humm exhibits at the museum of Nevada in Las Vegas and is represented at the New York and the Los Angeles art fairs. He was selected by numerous magazines as featured artist and made it with his art to the front page of the Wall Street Journal. The renowned art critic Edward Lucy Smith wrote a book "Pop Expressionism" on Humm's art.
As Tech investor, Humm is member of the Advisory Board of Rutberg San Francisco, Senior Adviser for Antin Infrastructure Partners in London Antin Infrastructure Partners Chairman of Eurofiber NL Eurofiber  NL and Board member with Shine Technologies, Israel.
Previously, Humm served as Vodafone's CEO for Europe from October 1, 2012  to 2015. From 2005 to 2012 Humm held various executive roles with Deutsche Telekom and later as the CEO of T-Mobile USA from November 2010 – June 2012. From 2009 to 2010, Humm was CRO (Chief Regional Officer) and a member of the Executive Committee of T-Mobile International. From 2005 to 2008, Humm was CEO and Chief Sales Officer for T-Mobile Germany. From January 2007 to 2008, he also served as a member of the Management Board of Deutsche Telekom's wireline division.
From 2000 to 2002, Humm was an executive with the online retailer Amazon, where he held roles as Managing Director for Amazon Germany and France, and VP Europe. From 1992 to 1999, Humm was an executive with the grocery retailer Tengelmann in Germany, where he became a member of the Executive Board in 1996 and in 1998 CEO of their food-discounter, Plus. From 1986 to 1992, Humm was with the consulting firm McKinsey & Company in Germany and Los Angeles.
Humm started up various companies, such as Gourmondo.de (2002) an online grocery retailer in Germany.
Humm was born in 1959. He is German, his mother is Belgian. He has three children from his first marriage.
- "This Struggling Artist Has a Powerful Corporate Backer - WSJ". wsj.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Portrait of a Telecoms Chief as a Serious Artist - The Times". The Times UK.
- "Photos, Perhaps show. rare glimpse of Gauguin in Tahiti -NYT". www.nytimes.com.
- "Philipp Rudolf Humm first solo exhibition opens this week". FAD Magazine. 2016-11-20. Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "Humm becomes Eurofiber Chairman". The Telecom Paper.
- "Ex-Vodafone executive joins board of adblocker Shine". The Financial Times.
- "Vodafone Europe chief Philipp Humm out in leadership streamlining by Vittorio Colao". City AM.
- "T-Mobile USA CEO dishes on new strategy (Q&A)". CNET.
- "Karriere: 40 Köpfe, auf die Sie 2011 achten sollten". Wiwo.
- "Philipp Humm zu T-Mobile USA: Harte Hand fürs kriselnde Geschäft". Handelsblatt.