Garner previously worked at Sotheby's Auctioneers and has written extensively about 20th century photography.
In 2011, Garner was given The Royal Photographic Society's Award for Outstanding Service to Photography and in 2004 he was awarded an Honorary Fellowship of The Society.
- Cecil Beaton, Jonathan Cape, 1994.
- Cecil Beaton: The Dandy Photographer, British Council, 1998.
- John Cowan: Through The Light Barrier, Schirmer/Mosel, 1999.
- Guy Bourdin, Gallimard, 2004.
- Interview with Philippe Garner, International Head of 20th Century Decorative Art & Design
- Photographic portrait of Philippe Garner in the National Portrait Gallery.
|This French biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|