Philippe Daniel Garner (born March 1949).
Garner joined Sotheby's Auctioneers and in 1971 took charge of the Art Nouveau and Art Deco department. The same year he held the first specialist auction of photography in the United Kingdom. After thirty years he joined Phillips, de Pury & Luxembourg in July 2002 with the position of Worldwide Director of Photographs and 20th and 21st Century Design.
Garner has written extensively about 20th century photography and curated a number of exhibitions.
- Cecil Beaton. Jonathan Cape, 1994.
- Cecil Beaton: The Dandy Photographer. British Council, 1998.
- John Cowan: Through The Light Barrier. Schirmer/Mosel, 1999.
- Guy Bourdin. Gallimard, 2004.
- Philippe Garner showstudio.com, 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2012. Archived here.
- http://www.loeildelaphotographie.com/en/2016/06/01/article/159907883/philippe-garner-the-retirement-of-a-master/ Philippe Garner, The Retirement of a Master. Accessed 3 June 2016.
- Interview with Philippe Garner, International Head of 20th Century Decorative Art & Design
- Photographic portrait of Philippe Garner in the National Portrait Gallery.
- Phillipe Garner discusses the photographs of Sebastião Salgado’s GENESIS PROJECT.
|This French biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|