Philippine Amateur Radio Association
|Headquarters||4/F National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) Bldg., Agham Road, Quezon City 1101 Philippines|
|Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao|
|As of December 2014 - 1,551 (Regular), 114 (Lifetime Members), 90 (Lifetime International Associate Members), 30 (International Associate Member)|
Chief Operating Officer
|Thelma C. Pascua, DU1IVT|
|Affiliations||International Amateur Radio Union|
The Philippine Amateur Radio Association (PARA) is a national non-profit organization for amateur radio enthusiasts in the Philippines. Key membership benefits of PARA include the sponsorship of amateur radio operating awards and radio contests, and a QSL bureau for those members who regularly communicate with amateur radio operators in other countries. PARA represents the interests of Filipino Amateur Radio Operators/Enthusiasts before the national and international telecommunications regulatory authorities. PARA is the national member society representing the Philippines in the International Amateur Radio Union.
PARA is the recognized national umbrella association for the amateur radio service in the Philippines. The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) - the country's telecommunications regulatory authority - issued Memorandum Circular No. 05-06-85 which says:
"In compliance to Ministry Circular No. 82-077, dated 20 October 1982, the Philippine Amateur Radio Association (PARA) as governed by the new PARA By Laws registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, dated 08 May 1985, is hereby recognized by the National Telecommunications Commission as the national amateur radio organization. As such, PARA shall represent the Philippines Amateurs in all conferences, either local or international and with the end in view of fostering cordial relationship and efficient coordination between radio amateurs and the government.
To hasten the normal operation of the organization and the accreditation of other amateur radio clubs as required under NTC Memorandum Circular No. 01-01-84, dated 12 January 1984, every district and local clubs shall affiliate with PARA without unnecessary delay".
The recognition of PARA as the national association for the amateur radio service in the Philippines is emphasized anew NTC Memorandum Circular No. 03-08-2012, particularly Section VIII (2) which states that "The Philippine Amateur Radio Association (PARA) is the only recognized national society of amateurs."
PARA elects a five-member Executive Board every three (3) years. The Board elect from among themselves the Chief Operating Officer, Vice Chief Operating Officer, Chief Finance Officer, and Secretary General. The fifth member of the Board sits as an ordinary Board member.
The PARA Executive Board for the term 2013 to 2016 are:
- THELMA C. PASCUA, DU1IVT - Chief Operating Officer
- ROLANDO B. PACANA JR., DU1RP - Vice Chief Operating Officer
- ROBERTO C. VICENCIO, DU1VHY - Secretary General
- HENRY M. LEGASPI, JR., DU1DOC - Chief Finance Officer
- EDUARDO VICTOR J. VALDEZ, DU1EV - Board Member
PARA also elects its District Managers to supervise affiliate clubs in the different call areas. The election is done simultaneous with the Executive Board. For 2013 to 2016 the following are the PARA District Managers:
- District 1 - ROMEO ISIDRO, DU1SMQ
- District 2 - JAIME A. KHO, DU2JAK
- District 3 - ALEX LAGUISMA, DU3AL
- District 4 - Fr. GERARD LEOVAL C. GUADALUPE, DU4MX
- District 5 - JOSE M. JOCANO Jr., DW5JMJ
- District 6 - NED G. CADENA, DU6NE
- District 7 - SALVADOR J. LAMOSTE, DU7AL
- District 8 - LOPE O. CONGCARDAS, DW8CBU
- District 9 - KAYE F. CHAVEZ, DU9XO
Alex, DU3AL is the OIC PARA District 3 Manager because of the resignation of the duly elected District 3 Manager.
As the national association for amateur radio, PARA has for its members the different amateur clubs in the Philippines. Under existing NTC regulations, an amateur club can be accredited by the NTC if such club is an affiliate club of PARA.
The following are the current affiliate clubs of PARA.
|DX1HB||480 HB||480 HOMEBREWERS AMATEUR GROUP, Inc.|
|DX1ER||ACER INC||AMATEUR COMMUNICATORS FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE, Inc.|
|DX1ARM||ARMI||AMATEUR RADIO MOVEMENT, Inc.|
|DX1BSP||BSP||Boy Scouts of the Philippines, Inc.|
|DX1ACE||CAVITE ACE||CAVITE AMATEUR COMMUNICATIONS ENTHUSIASTS, Inc.|
|DX1CI||COMPASS||CONCENTRIC MOUNTAINEERS OF THE PHILIPPINE AMATEUR RADIO & SCOUTING SOCIETY, Inc.|
|DX1DAC||DAC||DIRECT AMATEUR COMMUNICATION, Inc.|
|DX1DBT||DON BOSCO ARC||DON BOSCO AMATEUR RADIO CLUB|
|DX1S||FILDX||FILIPINAS DX SOCIETY|
|DX1FLR||FLARE||FILIPINO LEAGUE OF AMATEUR RADIO ENTHUSIASTS, Inc.|
|DX1J||FTI||FTI HAM CLUB, Inc.|
|DX1GSP||GSP SHARES||GSP HAM RADIO ENTHUSIASTS FOR SERVICE, Inc.|
|DX1HAM||HRECG||HAM RADIO EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, Inc.|
|DX1M||MAGELLAN||MAGELLAN AMATEUR RADIO REPEATER NETWORK, PHIL., Inc.|
|DX1MK||MARS||MAKILING AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY, Inc.|
|DX1L||PARL INC||PHILIPPINE AMATEUR RADIO LEAGUE, Inc.|
|DX1PRS||PRS INC||PYRAMID RADIO SOCIETY, Inc.|
|DX1PUP||PUP HAM-RCG||Polytechnic University of the Philippines HAM RADIO COMMUNICATIONS GROUP|
|DX1RN||RAIN||RADIO AMATEUR INFORMATION NETWORK, Inc.|
|DX1RTU||RTU ARC||Rizal Technological University AMATEUR RADIO CLUB, Inc.|
|DX1RPI||RPI||RADIO AMATEUR DEVELOPMENT AND INFORMATION ORGANIZATION OF THE PHILIPPINES, Inc.|
|DX1EVM||SCAN INTL||SOCIETY OF COMMUNICATORS AND NETWORKERS INTERNATIONAL|
|DX1UST||UST ARC||University of Santo Tomas AMATEUR RADIO CLUB|
- ASSOCIATION OF ACTIVE AMATEURS, Inc. (DX2AAA)
- ASSOCIATION OF LA UNION AMATEUR RADIO MEN, Inc.
- BARCADA AMATEUR RADIO CLUB, Inc. (DX2BBB)
- BENGUET AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR NETWORK SOCIETY, Inc.
- CAGAYAN VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO REPEATER NETWORK, Inc. (DX2ACV)
- SCAN INTERNATIONAL (DX2EVM)
- LUZON AMATEUR RADIO GROUP ENTHUSIASTS, Inc. (DX2LRG)
- NORTHERN AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION, Inc. (DX2N)
- TRI-STATE AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
- SCAN INTERNATIONAL (DX3EVM)
- TAMARAW AMATEUR GROUP OF COMMUNICATORS, Inc. (DX3NE)
- CENTRAL LUZON AMATEUR RADIO CLUB, Inc. (DX3F)
- ULO NG APO RADIO CLUB, Inc. (DX3UNA)
- CIVIC ACTION OF RADIO ENTHUSIASTS, Inc. (DX4CAR)
- AMATEUR RADIO CLUB OF CATANDUANES (DX4ARC)
- CAMARINES NORTE AMATEUR, Inc. (DX4CN)
- ALTERNATIVE CHANNEL COORDINATING EMERGENCY SUPPORT, Inc. (DX5LYM)
- DISTRICT 5 RADIO AMATEUR NETWORK, Inc. (DX5RAN)
- CAPIZ RADIO LEAGUE, Inc. (DX6CRL)
- PANAY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB, ILOILO (DX6PAR)
- CEBU AMATEUR RADIO LEAGUE, Inc. (DX7CA)
- CHOCOLATE HILLS AMATEUR RADIO LEAGUE, Inc. (DX7BC)
- SCAN INTERNATIONAL (DX7EVM)
- NEGROS ORIENTAL RADIO AMATEUR OF DISTRICT 7, Inc. (DX7NRD)
- RECON MACE 7, Inc.
- SCAN INTERNATIONAL (DX8EVM)
- FREQUENCY FOR AMATEUR RADIO ENTHUSIASTS 8, Inc.
- SPARC 8 SOUTHERN PHILS., AMATEUR RADIO CLUB, Inc. (DX8ZC)
- ZAMBOANGA WEST AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
- AMATEUR LAND EMERGENCY AND RESPONSE TEAM, Inc. (ALERT 10)
- CARAGA SHARE, Inc.
- CALAGAHAN ASSOCIATION OF RADIO SPECIALISTS, Inc. (CARS)
- CARAGA HAM VOLUNTEERS AMATEUR, Inc. (CHAMVA)
- SCAN INTL SCAN INTERNATIONAL (DX9EVM)
- RADIO OPERATION YOUTH AMATEUR LEAGUE, Inc. (DX9M)