Philippine Basketball Association Best Player of the Conference Award
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
The Philippine Basketball Association's Best Player of the Conference Award is given to the best local (Filipino or part-Filipino) player at the end of each conference (tournament). It was first awarded in the 1994 All-Filipino Conference.
The Best Import Award is given to the best player (non-Filipino) at the end of each conference.
- 40% average statistical points
- 30% press and media votes
- 25% players' votes
- 5% Commissioner's Office
Statistical points (SP) are computed as follows:
- 1 SP for every point scored, rebound assist, steal and shot blocked.
- 10 bonus points for every game won where the player played up to the semifinals.
- 15 bonus points for every game won where the player played in the Finals
- Deduction of 1 SP for every turnover, 5 SP for every technical or flagrant foul without ejection, and 15 SP for any technical or flagrant foul that results in an ejection.
In addition, a Filipino player can only be eligible for awards if he played in at least 70% of his team's games.
List of awardees
|Philippine Basketball Association awards and honors|
|Individual annual awards|
|Individual conference awards|