From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Atchara - a sweet pickled papaya relish. Also used as a side dish.
- Bagoong - fermented anchovy or shrimp paste, particularly popular in the dish kare-kare.
- Banana ketchup - a sweet, red condiment made primarily of bananas.
- Buro or Balao-Balao - fermented rice which can be colored plain (Capampangan: balao-balao) or dark pink (Tagalog: buro) and sometimes with fish, mainly a condiment for steamed/ boiled vegetables like okra, sweet potato leaves (talbos ng kamote), eggplant, etc.
- Eggplant sauce - a sour sauce made of grilled eggplant, garlic and vinegar. Used in cocidos and as a side dish.
- Latik - (Visayan usage only) a thick syrup made from coconut milk and sugar.
- Lechon sauce - also known as liver sauce or breadcrumb sauce made out of ground liver or liver pâté, vinegar, sugar, and spices. A sweet, tangy light-brown sauce used in roasts and the pork dish called lechon.
- Patis. Sometimes spiced with labuyo peppers, or kalamansi lime juice, in which case it is called patismansi.
- Ensaladang mangga - green mango relish with tomatoes and onions.
- Ensaladang talong - skinned grilled eggplant with tomatoes and onions.
- Sukang may sili - cane or coconut vinegar spiced with labuyo peppers.
- Sukang may toyo - cane or coconut vinegar with soy sauce. This may also contain the very hot labuyo peppers or onions. Sukang may toyo is used in the pork dish crispy pata.
- Sweet and sour sauce - used on fried meats and spring rolls.
- Toyo't Kalamansi (sometimes referred to simply as toyomansi) - soy sauce with kalamansi lime juice.
|This condiment-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|