Philippine five peso coin
|Value||5.00 Philippine peso|
|Edge||Plain (design bordered by 12-scallop)|
|Design||Profile of Emilio Aguinaldo, Year Mark|
|Design||Logo of Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas|
It is 27 mm (1.1 in) in diameter. The first Philippine president, Emilio Aguinaldo is featured on the obverse. The logo of Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas is featured on the reverse side, as per all current coins of the Philippines. The current series replaced the Philippine five peso bill in 1996 (one year after the release of the coin of said denomination but in BSP series, which also concurrently produced until that year).
- Ang Bagong Lipunan Series; From 1975-1982, a five peso coin was introduced by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas in line with the new 'Ang Bagong Lipunan' series issued in commemoration of Fedinand Marcos' declaration of Martial Law. The obverse bears the inscription 'Ang Bagong Lipunan,' year of minting, and a profile of the late President Ferdinand Marcos faced to the left. The denomination, the inscription 'Republika ng Pilipinas' and its official coat of arms, are all on the reverse.
- Flora and Fauna Series; From 1991-1994, a new five peso coin was issued. The obverse now features the inscription 'Republika ng Pilipinas' and a profile of Emilio Aguinaldo, a Filipino revolutionary, politician, and a military leader officially recognized as the First President of the Philippines, now faced to the right. An enlarged denomination and an image of Pterocarpus indicus, or, ambiguously, narra tree, the official national tree of the Philippines, are all on the reverse.
- BSP Coin Series; Issued in 1995, the current version of the coin now features the enlarged denomination on the obverse, while the inscription 'Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas' and its official seal are all on the reverse. The reed on its edge was also removed.
|Ang Bagong Lipunan Series
|Flora and Fauna Series
|BSP Coin Series
On December 19, 2014, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) published an announcement that three new limited edition commemorative coins is to be circulated, which was then released on Monday, 22 December 2014. This includes the Bagong Bayani Commemorative Coin and the 70th anniversary Leyte Landing commemorative five-peso coin.
- "Philippine Money and Currency - PESO Bills and Coins". Philippinecountry.com.
- Pinoy Numismatist Network (20 December 2014). "2014 Commemorative Coins". Retrieved 20 December 2014.