Philippine Tamaraw Rugby League
|Current season or competition:|
2016 Erick Elefante Cup
|Inaugural season||2016 (full 13-a-side)|
|Number of teams||4|
The Philippines National Rugby League was first formed in 2012. In 2013 the Philippines commenced their first rugby league (touch) competition with 6 teams participating along with a further 3, participating in Rugby League 9s. A full scale 13 a side rugby league competition is scheduled to commence in the third quarter of 2016. With 4 teams are set to compete in the inaugural season.
By October 13 2016, it was reported that the league is now known as the Philippine Tamaraw Rugby League. The inaugural tournament for the league is the Erick Paul Estepa Elefante Cup which is to be held at the Bicol University, Albay Sports Complex in October 15-16, 2016.
|PNRL Championship Teams|
|Albay Vulcans||Ric Raymond Bellen|
|Manila Storm||Timothy Buipe|
|Central Luzon Crusaders||Gorden Asa|
|University of Batangas Toro||Isaac Kepu|
- "Philippines set to become newest Rugby League nation". Ang Kalatas. Kalatas Media. 1 January 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Elefante, Erick (8 February 2013). "The Rugby League Warriors are back". Rugby League Planet. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Philippine National Rugby League Competition". Archived from the original on 23 October 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Central Luzon Crusaders the final team in the Philippines inaugural Rugby League Season". Rugby League Planet. 2 March 2016. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Philippines launches inaugural RL tournament". Love Rugby League. 13 October 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.