Philippines at the 2014 Winter Olympics
|Philippines at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi|
|Competitors||1 in 1 sport|
|Flag bearer||Michael Christian Martinez (opening)|
|Olympic history (summary)|
The Philippines competed at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia from 7 to 23 February 2014. The team consisted of one athlete in figure skating. The country competed at the Winter Olympics for the first time since 1992 Winter Olympics and 4th time overall.
The Philippines has achieved the following quota place: Martinez is the first South East Asian figure skater to qualify for the games. Martinez finished the competition in 19th place (out of 30 skaters), meaning with a single athlete competing in a single event, The Philippines did not win a medal at these Games.
|Michael Christian Martinez||Men's singles||64.81||19 Q||119.44||20||184.25||19|
- "Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony - Flagbearers" (PDF). http://www.olympic.org/. Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Organizing Committee. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014. External link in
- Noguera, Emil (29 January 2014). "Teener lone Philippine entry in Sochi Winter Olympics". The Manila Times. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "For first time, Pinoy skater qualifies for Winter Olympics". ABS-CBN. 6 October 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Michael Christian Martinez qualifies for Winter Olympic Games 2014". Pinoy Headline. 30 September 2013. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Verora, Levi (14 February 2014). "Martinez finishes 19th at Winter Olympics figure skating finale". Rappler. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
|This article about sports in Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|