Philippines national netball team
|Head coach||Fransien Howarth|
|Asst coach||Angelina Fedillaga |
Yi Lin Jolynn Loo
|Top scorer||Ana Thea Cenarosa (85)|
|Philippines 22 – 62 Thailand|
Singapore, May 31, 2015
|Malaysia 112 – 11 Philippines|
Singapore, June 1, 2015
They made their international debut at the 2015 Southeast Asian Games.
Netball Singapore has offered aid to the Philippines to organize a netball team for the 2015 Southeast Asian Games set to be hosted by Singapore. After visits from Netball Singapore and the Netball Asia in 2014, Netball Philippines was formed and a national team was organized. Netball Singapore hosted a training camp in Singapore for the Philippine national team in December 2014. Players who have played in volleyball and basketball teams in the country were called up to form the first national team.
The Philippines entered the 2015 Southeast Asian Games in Singapore, their first tournament with modest expectations. They lost their first match against Thailand, with the scoreline of 22–62, in their opener on May 31, 2015. They also experienced a 112–11 defeat at the hands of the national team of Malaysia on June 1. Then they lost to Myanmar with the scoreline of 62–22.
The Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) allowed the national team to participate at the 2017 Southeast Asian Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia despite the team's dismal performance in the previous edition. The handlers of the national team's sole reason given to the PSC was that they are still a "developmental team".
|Philippines national netball team|
|Mary Joy Macalindong||GK||174|
|Remia Buenacosa||GD, C||167|
|Danielle Michiko Castaneda||GS, GD||174|
|Ana Thea Cenarosa||GA||179|
|Leanne Espina (captain)||WA, GS||167|
|Loraine Angela Lim||C, WA||163|
|Kristine Marie Teo||WD||168|
|Mary Anne Jenelle Yabut||C||168|
- Head Coach: Fransien Howarth
- Assistant Coaches:
|Southeast Asian Games|
|2015||2015 Southeast Asian Games||Singapore||6th|
|2017||2017 Southeast Asian Games||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||5th|
- Guerrero, Bob (25 February 2015). "Meet the Philippine national netball team". The Passionate Fan. Yahoo! Philippines. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- Navarro, June (15 May 2014). "Singapore bats for PH netball". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "A fresh start for netball in the Philippines". The New Paper. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- Lim Say Heng (12 December 2014). "Netball Singapore forks out $50,000 to help weaker countries". The New Paper.
- Neo, Isaac (31 May 2015). "SEA Games: Thai netballers outclass Philippine counterparts 62-22". The Strait Times. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- Reyes, Marc Anthony (14 August 2017). "Netball aims to do better in KL meet". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Leyba, Olmin (31 May 2015). "Pinays battle Thais in SEAG netball opener". ABS-CBN News. The Philippine Star. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "Netball Results - Women Preliminary Round Match 2". 28th SEA Games 2015. 2015 SEA Games Singapore. Archived from the original on 7 June 2015. Retrieved 31 May 2015.