Phillip Adams (American football)
- For others named Phillip Adams, see the Phillip Adams navigation page
Adams with the Raiders in 2012.
July 20, 1988|
Rock Hill, South Carolina
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Rock Hill (SC)|
|College:||South Carolina State|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 224|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Phillip M. Adams (born July 20, 1988) is an American football cornerback that is a free agent of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted in the seventh round of the 2010 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers. He played college football for South Carolina State University.
In his freshman year at South Carolina State University, Adams saw action as a backup and on special teams. He recorded 12 tackles and 2 interceptions, along with a 30-yard punt return. As a sophomore, he played in 11 games.
As a junior, Adams ranked 6th on the team with 48 tackles, and led the team in interceptions with five, and pass deflections with nine. In his senior year, he was a First Team All-Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference selection, after registering 48 tackles and 3 interceptions.
San Francisco 49ers
Adams was selected in the seventh round (224th overall) by the San Francisco 49ers.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|5 ft 10 5⁄8 in
|4.50 s||1.62 s||2.57 s||4.34 s||7.16 s||34 1⁄2 in
|10 ft 4 in|
|All values from South Carolina State Pro Day on March 31, 2010|
New England Patriots
On September 21, 2011, the New England Patriots signed Adams and Landon Cohen after season-ending injuries to Dan Koppen and Myron Pryor. He was waived on October 8, then re-signed on October 13 after Mike Wright went on injured reserve. On October 14, Adams was once again released to make room for Marcus Harrison. On November 21, Adams recorded his first interception in the NFL. He was waived again on November 29.
On December 20, 2011, Adams was signed by the Seattle Seahawks.
On September 1, 2012, Adams was signed by the Oakland Raiders.
Second stint with Seahawks
Adams signed with the Seattle Seahawks on March 27, 2014.
New York Jets
- "Phillip Adams Draft Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved October 26, 2010.
- 49ers Trim Roster to 53
- Lange, Randy (September 1, 2014). "Jets Sign CB Adams, Release WR Enunwa". New York Jets. Archived from the original on September 1, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- Adams, Jay (March 12, 2015). "Falcons Add More Defensive Help in Free Agency". Atlanta Falcons. Archived from the original on March 16, 2015. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- "Phillip Adams Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 14 January 2014.