Danault at the 2011 NHL Draft
February 24, 1993 |
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL Draft||26th overall, 2011
On March 30, 2012, he was assigned to the Blackhawks AHL affiliate, the Rockford Icehogs.
Danault was initially assigned to the Rockford IceHogs to begin the 2015–16 season. On December 18, 2015, Danault was recalled from Rockford to the Chicago Blackhawks and on December 20, 2015, he got his first NHL point with an assist on Andrew Shaw's goal in a 4-3 win against the San Jose Sharks. He scored his first career NHL goal on January 8, 2016, which was a game-winning goal in a 3-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres. After solidifying a role amongst the Blackhawks fourth line and contributing with 5 points in 30 games, on February 26, 2016, Danault was acquired by the Montreal Canadiens, along with Chicago's second round draft pick in 2018, in exchange for forwards Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann. On July 5, 2016, Danault re-signed with the Canadiens on a two-year contract.
Regular season and playoffs
Awards and honours
- Blackhawks Assign Pair of First Round Picks to Rockford - OurSports Central - Independent and Minor League Sports News
- "Oilers lose sixth straight". The Sports Network. 2014-11-22. Retrieved 2014-11-22.
- "Blackhawks overcome Sharks in 4-3 victory". Chicago Blackhawks. 2015-12-20. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Canadiens trade Weise, Fleischmann to Blackhawks for Danault and a pick". Sportsnet.ca. 2016-02-26. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- "Habs sign Danault to two-year extension". Montreal Canadiens. July 5, 2016.
- "Phillip Danault receives Guy-Carbonneau trophy". March 28, 2011.
- Phillip Danault career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Phillip Danault's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Chicago Blackhawks first round draft pick