Philologus of Sinope
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Philologus of Sinope (also Philologos) is numbered among the Seventy Disciples, and is commemorated with them on January 4. He is also commemorated on November 5 together with Ss. Patrobas, Hermas, Linus, and Gaius.
- Holy apostle Philologus of the Seventy;
- Entreat the merciful;
- To grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
- The Church ever sees you as a shining star, O apostle Philologus,
- Your miracles have manifested great enlightenment.
- Therefore we cry out to Christ:
- "Save those who with faith honor Your apostle, O Most Merciful One."
- Apostle Philologus of the Seventy, November 5 (OCA)
- This article is derived in whole or in part from Philologus of Sinope at OrthodoxWiki, which is dually licensed under CC-By-SA and GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed.
|This article about a saint is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|