Ade and Mike of Phinius Gage
|Origin||Brighton, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Punk rock, skate Punk, melodic hardcore|
|Years active||2001–2008, 2015-|
|Labels||Disconnect Disconnect Records, Small Town Records, Fond Of Life, Deck Cheese|
|Associated acts||Lay It On The Line (Band), 4ft Fingers, Consumed, Spunge|
Phinius Gage were an established and influential UK underground skate punk/melodic hardcore band who started up in 2002 and were active until 2008. They reformed in 2015 and played a reunion tour..
Disconnect Disconnect Records released "Battered & Bruised: The Best of Phinius Gage" in October 2017.
The band is named after Phineas Gage, an 1840s railway foreman, who had a large iron rod driven through his head and thereby lost part of his brain.
They played over 500 shows in their existence, touring with many bands including Streetlight Manifesto, Spunge, Whitmore, Flood Of Red, Reuben, RedLightsFlash, Ten Foot Pole, Farse, and 4Ft Fingers. They released debut mini LP More Haste More Speed in 2003 on Deck Cheese Records - and their first full length, The Feeling Somethings Wrong on the same label in 2005.
Signing to Fond of Life Records in Germany, the band released a compilation of old and new tracks in 2006 entitled Brighton Rock, which included the band's only single, Brighton Rock, the video for which received airplay on MTV2 and Scuzz. The band then released their final album in 2007, Seek Out Your Foes, which is generally considered the band's best work. It made Kerrang's 'Best Albums Of 2007' list. However, the band split suddenly soon after.
The Band have recently announced a reunion tour across some major cities in the UK. At this stage it is not known if this will lead to a new album and more touring.
Musical style and influence
Phinius Gage plays fast, melodic hardcore music in the style of Pennywise, Strung Out, Consumed, Rise Against, and other bands of the SoCal description from record labels including Fat Wreck Chords and Epitaph.
- Carl "Karlos" Brown - guitars, backing vocals (2005-present)
- Mike Scott - (bass, lead vocals, (2003-present)
- Matt Steele - drums, backing vocals (2002-present)
- Ade Holder - guitars, lead vocals (2002-present)
Previous members 2002–2006
- Damo St George - vocals
- Martyn Haigh - bass
- Andy Bligh - guitar
- Ben Ince - guitar
- Paul Fields - guitar
- Gary Yay - bass
- Jamie Kirkpatrick - bass
- Edward Higgs - bass
- Chas Mataz - guitar
- Kalem Buckham - drums
- Keith Whitby - bass
|2003||More Haste More Speed (mini-album)||Deck Cheese|
|2005||The Feeling Something's Wrong||Deck Cheese|
|Brighton Rock||Fond of Life/Winged Skull (Europe)|
Fond of Life/Plastic Head (UK)
|2007||Seek Out Your Foes... And Make Them Sorry||Fond of Life (Europe) |
Small Town Records (UK)
- Amped Up And Ready To Go (In At The Deep End Records, UK)
- Value Slices (Deck Cheese, UK)
- Cheese Supreme (free promo CD with Big Cheese Magazine, UK)
- Punktastic Unscene (Punktastic Recordings, UK)
- Punktastic Unscene 3 (Punktastic Recordings, UK)
- Ashcan Records 1 (Ashcan Records, Luxembourg)
- Change The Station II (White Russian Records, Netherlands)
- In Defense of Rock 2 (Fond of Life/Winged Skull, Germany)
- Quintisentially British (UK)
- Brighton Rocks (UK)
- Tipple, Ben (2015-04-09). "Phinius Gage Announce First Comeback Show". Punktastic.com. Retrieved 2015-06-26.
- "" Broken wings" sur MTV2". Phiniusgage.forumactif.fr. Retrieved 2015-06-26.