Phir Subah Hogi (TV series)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Phir Subah Hogi|
|Created by||Miracle Workers
|Written by||Ved Raj
|Directed by||Rajesh Ram Singh
|Starring||Gulki Joshi,Anuj Sachdeva/Nandish Sandhu and Varun Badola.|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||243|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Production company(s)||Miracle Workers
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) 1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||April 17, 2012– March 22, 2013|
Phir Subah Hogi (English: The sun will rise again) is an Indian soap opera series that was aired on Zee TV from 2012 to 2013. It was mainly about the Bediya community of Bundelkhand region, Madhya Pradesh. It is being shot in Wai village near Mahabaleshwar.
In a village in India, live the Bednis, where young women and girls dance before the rich men (the landlords) and the landlord pick any girl of their choice. Sugni, a girl who does not like this custom, tries everything possible to stop it. She states the importance of belonging to only one man. Because of her bravery, a landlord, Vikram Thakur Singh falls in love with Sugni. They plan to get married even though everyone is against it, including Gulabi, Sugni's mother. Gulabi discovers that Riva, Vikram's wife is still alive (she was believed to be dead after a car accident a year ago). Gulabi tries to caution Sugni who does not believed her, being blinded by love. Gulabi tells Aditya, Vikram's nephew about the fact that Riva was still alive and they manage to expose Vikram to Sugni on their wedding day. Heartbroken, Sugni decides to go back to being a Bedni. When she tries to sell herself, Aditya buys her as a servant in their house. Vikram becomes possessive and tries to divorce Riva so that he can marry Sugni but fails. Riva then suggests to Sugni that she should marry Aditya so that Vikram would come back to her. After some time, Aditya and Sugni decide to vet married. At this same time, Vikram's mother, Maa Thakur arrived with his sister-in-law, Suman along with her husband. When Maa Thakur discovers that Aditya would be getting married to Sugni, she allows the marriage to happen. But on their marriage day, Vikram reveals that Sugni is a Bedni. Maa Thakur despises Sugni and tries to disown Aditya for marrying a prostitute but later agrees to have them isolated in the house. Everyone blames Sugni for breaking the family's unity. Even after marrying Aditya, Vikram still lusts at Sugni and manages to get a night with her after threatening to kill Aditya in a wrestling sport where knives are used. Aditya later despises Sugni but takes her back after clearing the misunderstanding. In the meantime, Vikram's youngest sister, Kuhu, gets married to Digvijay, the son of Vikram's enemy, Jwala Thakur Singh. Digvijay doesn't love Kuhu and instead wants Champa, Sugni's friend after raping her. Sugni tries to reveal this fact to the family but fails. She later deceives Digvijay into exposing himself. Maa Thakur starts liking Sugni. Vikram, going to the extreme, plots to kill Aditya, so he convinces Aditya and Sugni to spend some time at a house. Later, Vikram realises his mistake and tries to save Aditya but Sugni gets shot instead and falls down a cliff. Overcome with guilt, Vikram wanders away into the unknown. Six months later, Suman takes over the mansion and makes Digvijay and Jwala Singh owners as well. Vikram walks into a city that is full of courtesans, among them who is Chubuli, who looks like Sugni. Vikram meets Chubili and tries to make her believe that she is Sugni. Chubuli is dating Divakar. Vikram discovers that the brothel owner and her son, Bunty are trying to do something to Chubuli. He wonders why a hooded man keeps on giving them strange medicines. On the other hand, Chubuli gets strange faint memories about her past. Back at the mansion, Riva starts playing mind games with Suman and also gets her look-alike, Jamuniya to pretend to be Suman whenever she is out. Riva manages to transfer the property back to Maa Thakur. Vikram discovers why the brothel owner had been giving Chubuli the medicines: she wanted to give Chubuli a new life so the medicines would make her to completely forget her past. Vikram discovers how Sugni was saved: she was rescued from the river she had fallen into by some local fishermen. Vikram then takes Sugni back to the mansion. Riva discovers that Vikram is still in love with Sugni and so divorces him. Aditya comes back and he and Maa Thakur tell Vikram to marry Sugni. Sugni is feeling stressed as her past memories are flooding back to her. Vikram and Sugni get married. During the seven rounds around the sacred fire, Sugni remembers doing this before and regains her memory. Aditya convinces Sugni that her marriage with him was never meant to be. Vikram and Sugni finally get married.
- Gulki Joshi as Sugni Aditya Singh/Chulbuli
- Anuj Sachdeva / Nandish Sandhu as Thakur Aditya Singh
- Varun Badola as Thakur Vikram Singh
- Jaya Binju as Thakurayin Riwa Vikram Singh
- Narayani Shastri as Gulabia
- Suman Shashi Kant as Badi Thakurayin Suman
- Ravindra Mankani as Thakur Jwala Singh
- Ramit Thakur as Thakur Divakar Singh
- Nimai Bali as Hukum
- Garima Shrivastav
- Sikandar Kharbanda as Katari
- Anushree Bhatia
- Ankit Arora as Thakur Digvijay Jwala Singh
- Shruti Bisht as Sugni Niwas
- Jyoti Gauba as Thakurayin
- Mamta Luthra as Dhanu Maa
- Krutika Desai as Maa Thakur
- Priyanka Panchal as Amrita
- Vandana Singh (actress) as Champa
- Jhai, Sumit (4 April 2012). "Gulki Joshi to play lead role in Phir Subah Hogi". Times of India.
- "Shocking facts made Varun accept 'Phir Subah Hogi'". Yahoo! News. IANS. 9 April 2012.
- Naval-Shetye, Aakanksha (14 April 2012). "Anuj Sachdeva bags 'Phir Subah Hogi'". DNA.
- Vijayakar, R. M. (18 April 2012). "Zee Launches 'Phir Subah Hogi,' a Social Saga with a Message". India-West.
- Awaasthi, Kavita (25 July 2012). "Anuj Sachdev ousted from show". Hindustan Times.
- Naithani, Priyanka (29 July 2012). "My role in Phir Subah Hogi is most challenging: Narayani Shastri". Times of India.
- Sookhun, Varshan (2 January 2013). "Zee TV Turned 20 in Style". Post. South Africa.
- Maheshwri, Neha (31 January 2013). "Nandish quits Phir Subah Hogi?". Times of India.
- Maheshwri, Neha (13 March 2013). "Phir Subah Hogi to go off air this month". Times of India.