|Offshoot of OpenDNS|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
|David Ulevitch (Founder & CEO)|
Number of employees
PhishTank is an anti-phishing site.
PhishTank was launched in October 2006 by entrepreneur David Ulevitch as an offshoot of OpenDNS. The company offers a community-based phish verification system where users submit suspected phishes and other users "vote" if it is a phish or not.
PhishTank is used by Opera, WOT, Yahoo! Mail, Mcafee, APWG, CMU, ST Benard, Mozilla, Kaspersky, Firetrust, Officer Blue, FINRA, Message Level, SURBL, Sanesecurity for ClamAV, Career Builder, Site Truth, Avira, C-SIRT, and by PhishTank SiteChecker.
PhishTank data is provided gratis for download or for access via an API call, including for commercial use, under a restrictive license.
In 2018, it was announced that PhishTank will be rebuilding the website, with new features and functionality. This work will begin in 2019.
- PhishTank Blog » Blog Archive » Welcome Opera Community!
- PhishTank Blog » Blog Archive » WOT uses PhishTank data
- "Signatures - Sanesecurity ClamAV: Phishing, Spam & Malware Signatures".
- Friends of Phishtank
- PhishTank Blog » Blog Archive » SiteChecker brings PhishTank into Firefox
- PhishTank SiteChecker
- https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/requests/460886?flash_digest=c9b94bd01fae8b8ff5ac537ee77d17337a21b707 (registration required)