Phocides pigmalion, the mangrove skipper, is a butterfly of the Hesperiidae family. It is found in the United States from coast to coast in peninsular Florida and the Florida Keys, south through the West Indies and Mexico to Argentina. Strayed can be found up to coastal South Carolina.
The wingspan is 48–70 mm. Adults are on wing from November to August in southern Florida.
- Phocides pigmalion pigmalion (Surinam, Colombia, Peru, Brazil)
- Phocides pigmalion bicolora (Haiti)
- Phocides pigmalion batabano (Cuba, tropical America)
- Phocides pigmalion okeechobee (Florida)
- Pocides pigmalion hewitsonius (Brazil (Amazonas), Peru, Bolivia)
- Phocides pigmalion batabanoides (Bahamas)
|This Hesperiidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|