From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word Phoebe (pronounced fee-bee) could mean any of the following.
- Phoebe (bird), the common name for birds of genus Sayornis in the tyrant flycatcher family
- Phoebe (moon), a small outer moon of Saturn
- Phoebe (plant), a genus of flowering plants in the Lauraceae family
- Phoebe (given name), a female given name meaning "bright and shining"
- Phoebe (biblical figure), A woman from Cenchrea, mentioned by the Apostle Paul in Romans 16:1
- Phoebe (mythology), one of the Titans. Grandmother of Apollo and Artemis
- Phoebe, one of the Heliades
- Phoebe (Leucippid), daughter of Leucippus
- Phoebe, an epithet of Artemis, feminine equivalent of Phoebus as an epithet for Apollo
- Phoebe, an epithet of Selene
- Phoebe, Helen's sister, daughter of Leda
- Phoebe, a Hamadryad, one of Danaus' many wives or concubines, mother of several of the Danaides
- Phoebe, one of the Amazons who fought against Heracles
- Phoebe (magazine), a literary journal
- Phoebe Daring, a mystery novel for juvenile readers
- For Phoebe Still a Baby, a song by the Cocteau Twins
- Phoebe Buffay, character from the sitcom Friends
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Phoebe.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.