From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Not to be confused with the suffix -pheresis, as in plasmapheresis.
The suffix -phoresis means "migration":
- electrophoresis, is the motion of dispersed particles relative to a fluid under the influence of a spatially uniform electric field.
- isotachophoresis, is a technique in analytical chemistry used to separate charged particles.
- thermophoresis, a phenomenon observed when a mixture of two or more types of motile particles (particles able to move) is subjected to the force of a temperature gradient and the different types of particles respond to it differently.
- phoresis (biology), an inter-species biological interaction in ecology.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Phoresis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.