|Type of business||Private|
|No. of locations||London and Paris|
|Founder(s)||Graham Hobson and Mark Chapman|
|Managing director||Jonathon Brown|
|Industry||Online photo printing|
|Products||Prints, Canvas, Photo books, Cards, Magnets, Invitations|
Photobox is an online photo printing company, founded in 2000 by Graham Hobson. In 2006, Photobox merged with French counterpart Photoways and later, in July 2011, Photobox merged with personalised card company Moonpig creating the ‘Photobox Group’.
In 2013, the Group introduced two new additions to its portfolio, StickyGram (now called Sticky9), an online print brand that focuses on Instagram based photo products and PaperShaker a brand dedicated to invitations and announcement cards
In 2013/14, the Photobox Group recorded a growth of over 18%.
In 2014, the Group introduced one new addition to its portfolio, Hofmann.
Fundraising and acquisition
The company is majority owned by private equity firms Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, HarbourVest Partners, Quilvest Ventures, Greenspring Associates and Highland Capital Partners. In July 2011, Photobox paid up to £120million to acquire greeting card company Moonpig, and in June 2013 Photobox acquired StickyGram. In December 2014 the Photobox Group acquired the Hofmann brand, the leading producer of photo books in Spain.
- "Consumer Photo Printing Market Report 2013". Futuresource-consulting.com. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "BBC News - Photobox announces merger with Moonpig.com". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-07-25. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "Sticky9 About". Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Press Release". Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Hofmann". Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Moonpig.com acquired by Photobox in 120m deal". PrintWeek. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "Printing site Photobox snaps up London-based Instagram firm | City A.M". City A.M. 2013-06-24. Retrieved 2013-12-16.