|Initial release||May 28, 2008|
3.7 / September 11, 2014
|Platform||Microsoft Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Available in||Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Nederlands, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian Cyrillic, Serbian Latin, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Ukrainian|
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
PhotoScape is a graphics editing program, developed by MOOII Tech, Korea. The basic concept of PhotoScape is 'easy and fun', allowing users to easily edit photographs taken from their digital cameras or even mobile phones. PhotoScape provides a simple user interface to perform common photo enhancements including color adjustment, cutting, resizing, printing and GIF animation. Photoscape operates on Microsoft Windows systems and Mac. It is available on Linux systems as a Snap package. The default languages are English and Korean, with additional language packages available for download.
Version 3.7 is the current stable release for Windows XP, 7, Vista, or 8. The current version Photoscape X is for Windows 10 with a pro version available for a fee. Older versions are still available for Windows 98 or ME users. It is distributed free of charge for all users, including commercial bodies.
PhotoScape can perform tasks of:
- Photo Viewer: Browse and organize photos.
- Photo Editor: Enhance and balance color, resize, add effects and clip-arts.
- Photo Batch-Editor: Process multiple photos at once, rename multiple photos at once.
- Page Creator: joins multiple photos into poster-like single page or into one final photo.
- GIF Animation: Make multiple images into GIF-animated image.
- Featured Printer: Print photos for particular occasions, such as Passport photo, or lined page such as graph, calendar or music paper.
- Screen Capture: Save monitor screen into an image file.
- Color Picker: Pick color from screen pixel.
- RAW Converter: Convert RAW format picture into JPEG format.
- Face Finder: Find similar faces through internet.
- Screen Capture: Windows 10: full screen, window, or box selection.
|Version||Release date||Significant changes|
|3.1||May 28, 2008||Initial release|
|3.2||October 9, 2008||Many new options and supports +19 languages|
|3.3||January 5, 2009||Many new options, adjustments, tools and supports +23 languages|
|3.4||August 28, 2009||Many new options, adjustments, supports netbook resolutions (1024×600) and supports +27 languages|
|3.5||May 24, 2010||Adjustments, new tools, stop supportings Windows 95, 98 and Me, start support Windows 7, Vista and supports +34 languages|
|3.6||December 21, 2011||New options, adjustments and supports +37 languages|
|3.6.1||February 28, 2012||Adjustments, new tools|
|3.6.2||April 23, 2012||Adjustments, support RAW files|
|3.6.3||December 27, 2012||Adjustments and new functions, vibration brush included|
|3.6.4||June 25, 2013||Adjustments, new tools and functions, JPEG quality option improved|
|3.6.5||July 5, 2013||Bug fixes for Sharpen, Blur and Bloom filters, Blur Brush upgraded|
|1.0||October 23, 2013||Forked into Photoscape X ("Windows XP, 7, Vista, or 8, please use PhotoScape 3.7.")|
|2.0||December 9, 2014|
|2.1||January 8, 2015|
|2.2||April 28, 2015|
|2.3||October 28, 2015|
|2.4||May 20, 2016|
|2.4.1||July 16, 2016|
|2.5||December 17, 2016|
|2.6||July 6, 2017|
|2.6.1||July 15, 2017|
|2.6.2||July 16, 2017|
|2.6.3||August 24, 2017|
|2.7||December 21, 2017|
|2.7.1||December 23, 2017|
|3.0.0||April 23, 2019||Added ‘Auto Color’ filterAdded ’Surrealistic’ filter; Added 26 Blurred Textures; Added 210 Face and 60 Ball Stickers; Added Margins option to Print tab; Added Zoom (Actual Pixels) option to Preferences; Added ‘Fit & Fill (Don’t Enlarge)’ option to Loupe View and Full Screen; Improved Color Balance, Point Color, Replace Color, and Cut Out; Improved RAW support; Improved UI; Fixed permission issue on macOS Mojave 10.14 (macOS); Fixed bugs|
- Photoscape, PC World, November 16, 2010
- Luke Alessi (December 9, 2012). "Programmi per Modificare Foto Gratis – I Migliori" (in Italian). Tutto Tech. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- "PhotoScape". Snapcraft. Retrieved November 28, 2020.
- Sue Chastain. "PhotoScape for Windows Free Photo Editor Review". About.com. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- "Change Log". PhotoScape Official Website. Retrieved January 6, 2013.