Photogenics can work with different color models like CMYK and HDR. HDR formats which are supported include OpenEXR, TIFF, Alias, Cineon/PDX, and so on. Also the program is capable of handling different RAW file formats like from Canon or Nikon cameras.
Photogenics was originally developed for AmigaOS and published by Almathera Systems Ltd. It was later ported to Microsoft Windows, Linux and Microsoft Pocket PC platform. Current version no longer supports Linux.
- Comparison of raster graphics editors
- List of raster graphics editors
- Raster graphics editor
- Raster graphics aka Bitmap
- Vector editors versus bitmap editors
- Veitch, Nick (February 1995). "Photogenics". Amiga Format. No. 68. Future Publishing. pp. 90–91. ISSN 0957-4867.
- "Photogenics 5.0". Linux Format. June 2001. p. 32.
- Louis, Caroline (2002-10-28). "Image-editing and paint tools for PDAs". Computimes Malaysia. p. 1. Retrieved 2008-10-15. (subscription required)
- Labriola, Don (2002-04-09). "After Hours Kid Stuff on Your PDA, Photogenics Personal Edition for Pocket PC". PC Magazine. Vol. 21 no. 7. Ziff Davis. p. 147. ISSN 0888-8507.