From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Photokinesis)
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- [[Cytokinesis]], the step of cell division following telophase of mitosis, when the cytoplasm is divided into two of roughly equal proportion to the two new daughter cells. This ensures there will be enough organelles for each of the new cells.
- [[Chemokinesis]], chemically prompted kinesis of unicellular organisms.
- Diakinesis, the last stage of prophase of mitosis, in which the nucleolus and nuclear envelope disappear, spindle fibers form, and the chromosomes shorten in preparation for anaphase.
- Interkinesis, a pause between two phases of meiosis.
- [[Karyokinesis]] refers specifically to the division and replication of the nucleus.
- Hydrokinesis, elemental ability to create, control and manipulate liquid water into any shape or form. Also called aquakinesis.
- Pyrokinesis, elemental ability to create, control and manipulate fire, heat and flame to one's whim.
- Geokinesis/Terrakinesis, elemental ability to control, manipulate and reshape the earth and all earthy substances; such as plants and vegetation.
- Areokinesis, elemental ability to create and control air and wind.
- Aetherkinesis, ability to control and manipulate the fifth element, Aether, also called Quintessence, which is pure life-force energy contained within lightning and electricity.
- Photokinesis, elemental ability to create and manipulate pure light.
- Umbrakinesis, elemental ability to create, control and manipulate shadows and darkness.
- The dictionary definition of -kinesis at Wiktionary