Jump to navigation Jump to search
Photoreceptor can refer to:
In anatomy/cell biology:
- Photoreceptor cell, a photosensitive cell in the retina of vertebrate eyes
- Simple eye in invertebrates (Ocellus), photoreceptor organ ("simple eye") of invertebrates often composed of a few sensory cells and a single lens
- Eyespot apparatus (microbial photoreceptor), the photoreceptor organelle of a unicellular organism that allows for phototaxis
- Photoreceptor protein, a chromoprotein that responds to being exposed to a certain wavelength of light by initiating a signal transduction cascade
- Photopigment, an unstable pigment that undergoes a physical or chemical change upon absorbing a particular wavelength of light; also see
- Photosynthetic pigment, molecules involved in transducing light into chemical energy
- Photodetector or photosensor, a device that detects light by capturing photons
- Electronic photoreceptor, a sensor that converts solar energy into electric energy
Photoreceptors can detect the change of light and the change of color.
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Photoreceptor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.