Adobe Photoshop Elements
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2009)|
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 in Quick Mode on Windows 8
|Stable release||12.0 / September 23, 2013|
|Operating system||Windows, OS X|
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
Adobe Photoshop Elements is a raster graphics editor for hobbyists and consumers. It contains most of the features of the professional version but with fewer and simpler options. The program allows users to create, edit, organize and share images. It is a successor of Adobe Photoshop LE.
Originally introduced alongside Adobe Photoshop version 6, Photoshop Elements targets photography enthusiasts and thus lacks many features that make it useful in a proper print production environment. For example, Photoshop Elements cannot export files in the CMYK color mode, supports a simplified color management system, and excludes detailed soft-proofing. It also includes a limited set of Photoshop plugins, and instead has a number of features aimed at non-experts (such as removing the red-eye effect or changing the skin tone in a picture). An example of a redesigned feature would be the Variations correction dialog. Some versions can, however, open, edit, and save PDFs.[which?]
for Mac OS
|Photoshop 4 LE||1996||1996||?|
|Photoshop 5 LE||1999||1999||5.5 (February 1999)|
|1||April 2001||April 2001||6.0 (September 2000)|
|2||August 2002||2002||7.0 (March 2002)|
|3||October 2004||2004||CS (October 2003)|
|4||October 2005||2006||CS2 (April 2005)|
|6||October 2007||2008||CS3 (April 2007)|
|7||October 2008||?||CS4 (September 23, 2008)|
|8||September 2009||September 2009||N/A|
|9||September 2010||September 2010||CS5 (April 30, 2010)|
|10||September 2011||September 2011||N/A|
|11||September 2012||September 2012||CS6 (May 7, 2012)|
|12||September 2013||September 2013||N/A|
Note: PSE8 for Mac OS does not work on Mac OS X with Russian, Polish, Czech and some other primary languages.
- Barkey, Jonathan (July 2001). "Editor's Choice 3.0: Software". American Photo (Hachette Filipacchi Magazines) 12 (4): 92. ISSN 1046-8986.
- Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE - Macworld
- Gushiken, Cari (September 19, 2011). "A Decade of Fun: Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 10!". Photoshop.com. Retrieved September 20, 2011.
- Hogarty, Tom (September 24, 2012). "Announcing Photoshop Elements 11 & Premiere Elements 11". Photoshop.com. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- Official website
- Photoshop on the Open Directory Project
- Adobe Photoshop Elements on the Open Directory Project