|Original author(s)||David Smith|
1.2.3 / October 1, 2012
|Development status||Active, stable|
|Available in||Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish and Swedish|
phpLDAPadmin is a web application for administering Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) servers. It's written in the PHP programming language, and is licensed under the GNU General Public License. The application is available in 14 languages and supports UTF-8 encoded directory strings.
The project began in Fall of 2002 when Dave Smith, a student from Brigham Young University (BYU) and lead developer, needed a robust web application to manage his LDAP servers. Originally, phpLDAPadmin was called DaveDAP, but in August 2003, the name was changed to phpLDAPadmin. Since that time, the software has been downloaded approximately 150 times per day, and is commonly used throughout the world. Two other developers have contributed to the code base: Xavier Renard and Uwe Ebel. Xavier has focused on LDIF imports/exports and Samba software integration. Uwe has focused on internationalizing the application.
In Spring of 2005, Deon George took over maintenance of phpLDAPadmin.
It is available in the Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) repository, allowing managed installation to distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, CentOS and Scientific Linux, and is included in the M23 software distribution system, which manages and distributes software for the Debian, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, CentOS and openSUSE distributions.
- "New phpLDAPadmin maintainer: Deon George - msg#00007". phpldapadmin developers mailing list. 2005.
- "Credits - phpLDAPadmin". phpldapadmin.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- Helmke, Matthew (2012). Ubuntu Unleashed, 2012 Edition. SAMS Publishing. p. 574. ISBN 978-0672335785.
- "Making LDAP Easy on Linux with phpLDAPadmin". Linux.com. 2010-11-08.
- "phpldapadmin package : Ubuntu". launchpad.net. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Debian Package Tracking System - phpldapadmin". packages.qa.debian.org. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "net-nds/phpldapadmin – Gentoo Packages". packages.gentoo.org. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Index of /pub/epel/6/x86_64". dl.fedoraproject.org. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "m23". smartITSM.
- "FreeBSD Ports Search". freebsd.org. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- Hong, Bryan (2008). Building A Server with FreeBSD 7: A Modular Approach. No Starch Press. pp. 153–156. ISBN 978-1593271459.
- "OpenPorts.se | The OpenBSD package collection". openports.se. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "phpldapadmin - Solaris package". opencsw.org. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This database software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|