|Stable release||1.5.5 (December 11, 2015 )|
|Available in||de, en, es, fr, it, ja, nl, sv, zh|
The first version, by Steve Wainstead, was released in December 1999. It was the first Wiki written in PHP to be publicly released. This version required PHP 3.x and only supported DBM files. It was a feature-for-feature reimplementation of the original WikiWikiWeb at c2.com.
In early 2000 Arno Hollosi added a second database library to allow running PhpWiki on MySQL. From then on more features were added and contributions to the software increased, adding features such as a templating system, color diffs, rewrites of the rendering engine and much more. Arno was interested in running a wiki for the game Go.
Jeff Dairiki was the next major contributor, and soon headed the project for the next few years, followed up by Reini Urban up to 1.4, and then Marc-Etienne Vargenau since 1.5.
- Marc-Etienne Vargenau (2015-12-11). "PhpWiki 1.5.5 released". Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Anja Ebersbach; Markus Glaser; Richard Heigl; Gunter Dueck (2006). Wiki: Web Collaboration. Springer. pp. 17–18. ISBN 9783540259954.
- Van der Vlist, Eric (2004). RELAX NG. O'Reilly. ISBN 9780596004217.
- "PhpWiki WikiWikiWeb HomePage". phpwiki.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- "GoWiki". 2015-03-12. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
|This content management system article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|