Phu Quoc International Airport
|Phu Quoc International Airport
Sân bay quốc tế Phú Quôc
Cảng hàng không quốc tế Phú Quốc
View of Phu Quoc International Airport from a landing aircraft
|Operator||Airports Corporation of Vietnam|
|Elevation AMSL||ft / 11.4 m|
Source: Airports Corporation of Vietnam
Phu Quoc International Airport (Vietnamese: Sân bay quốc tế Phú Quốc or Cảng hàng không quốc tế Phú Quốc) (IATA: PQC, ICAO: VVPQ) is an international airport which was completed in 2012 on Phú Quốc Island, southern Vietnam. The airport covers nearly 900ha in Duong To village, Phú Quốc island-district, Kiên Giang Province having been built at a cost of around VND 16.2 trillion (US$810 million) and is planned to be built in phases. The airport is 10 km from the previous Phu Quoc Airport, which it replaced. The airport was initially able to handle about 2.5 million passengers per annum, and the maximum capacity will be 7 million passengers per annum, with international destinations expected to include Singapore and Sihanoukville International Airport. The airport has a single 3000m runway, capable of handling aircraft like the Airbus A350 and Boeing 747. The construction was completed in November 2012 and was put into operation on 2 December 2012. The Vietnamese government expects the airport to facilitate the arrival of international tourists who are attracted to the island's beaches.
Airports Corporation of Vietnam began construction of the airport on 23 November 2008 with an investment of VND 3,000 billion. It was designed by Singaporean-US design consulting firm CPG-PAE. After five years work the airport operated its inaugural flight on 15 December 2012.
Airlines and destinations
All the current flights began on 17 December 2014.
|Jetstar Pacific Airlines||Ho Chi Minh City||Domestic|
|VietJet Air||Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City||Domestic|
|Vietnam Airlines||Can Tho, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Rach Gia||Domestic|
|Vietnam Airlines||Siem Reap, Singapore||International|
- "Cảng HKQT Phú Quốc: Năm 2014, phục vụ trên 1 triệu lượt hành khách, tăng 46% so với cùng kỳ". vietnamairport.vn. Airports Corporation of Vietnam. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Phu Quoc International Airport to open December 2". Tuổi Trẻ. 1 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Vietnam Airlines capitalises on new Phu Quoc airport". Voice of Vietnam. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phu Quoc International Airport.|
- Phu Quoc International Airport Guide
- Official website of Airports Corporation of Vietnam
- Construction of the Phu Quoc International Airport starts soon