Phu Quoc International Airport
|Phu Quoc International Airport
Sân bay quốc tế Phú Quôc
Cảng hàng không quốc tế Phú Quốc
View of Phu Quoc International Airport from a landing aircraft
|Operator||Airports Corporation of Vietnam|
|Elevation AMSL||37.4 ft / 11.4 m|
Phu Quoc International Airport (Vietnamese: Sân bay quốc tế Phú Quốc or Cảng hàng không quốc tế Phú Quốc) (IATA: PQC, ICAO: VVPQ) is an international airport which was completed in 2012 on Phú Quốc Island, southern Vietnam. The airport covers nearly 900ha in Duong To village, Phú Quốc island-district, Kiên Giang Province having been built at a cost of around VND 16.2 trillion (US$810 million) and is planned to be built in phases. The airport is 10 km from the previous Phu Quoc Airport, which it replaced. The airport was initially able to handle about 2.5 million passengers per annum, and the maximum capacity will be 7 million passengers per annum, with international destinations expected to include Singapore and Sihanoukville International Airport. The airport has a single 3000m runway, capable of handling aircraft like the Airbus A350 and Boeing 747. The construction was completed in November 2012 and was put into operation on 2 December 2012. The Vietnamese government expects the airport to facilitate the arrival of international tourists who are attracted to the island's beaches.
Airports Corporation of Vietnam began construction of the airport on 23 November 2008 with an investment of VND 3,000 billion. It was designed by Singaporean-US design consulting firm CPG-PAE. After five years work the airport operated its inaugural flight on 15 December 2012.
Airlines and destinations
|China Southern Airlines||Guangzhou|
|Jetstar Pacific Airlines||Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi|
|Jetstar Pacific Airlines||Seasonal Charter: Wenzhou|
|Thomson Airways||Seasonal: Helsinki (begins December 2017), London–Gatwick (begins 1 November 2017), Stockholm-Arlanda|
|VietJet Air||Hai Phong, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City|
|VietJet Air||Seasonal Charter: Chengdu, Hangzhou|
|Vietnam Airlines||Can Tho, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Rach Gia, Shanghai-Pudong, Siem Reap|
|Vietnam Airlines||Charter: Chengdu, Kunming, Seoul-Incheon, Wuxi|
- "ACV: Hội nghị tổng kết công tác năm 2016 và triển khai kế hoạch năm 2017". ACV. 20 January 2017. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Phu Quoc International Airport to open December 2". Tuổi Trẻ. 1 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Vietnam Airlines capitalises on new Phu Quoc airport". Voice of Vietnam. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "China Southern Adds Guangzhou - Phu Quoc Service from July 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Lucky Air schedules new SE Asia routes in W16". routesonline. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- More flights from Helsinki in 2017 - Iltasanomat.fi (in Finnish)
- "Holidays to Vietnam 2017/2018". Thomson Airways. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phu Quoc International Airport.|