Phu Quoc International Airport
Phu Quoc International Airport
Sân bay quốc tế Phú Quốc
Cảng hàng không quốc tế Phú Quốc
|Operator||Airports Corporation of Vietnam|
|Elevation AMSL||37.4 ft / 11.4 m|
Source: Taseco Airs
Phu Quoc International Airport (Vietnamese: Sân bay quốc tế Phú Quốc or Cảng hàng không quốc tế Phú Quốc) (IATA: PQC, ICAO: VVPQ) is an international airport that was completed in 2012 on Phú Quốc Island, in southern Vietnam. The airport covers nearly 900ha in Duong To village, Phú Quốc island-district, Kiên Giang Province having been built at a cost of around VND 16.2 trillion (US$810 million) and is planned to be built in phases. The airport is 10 km from the previous Phu Quoc Airport, which it replaced. The airport was initially able to handle about 2.5 million passengers per annum, and the maximum capacity will be 7 million passengers per annum, with international destinations expected to include Singapore and Sihanoukville International Airport. The airport has a single 3000m runway, capable of handling aircraft like the Airbus A350 and Boeing 747. The construction was completed in November 2012 and was put into operation on 2 December 2012. The Vietnamese government expects the airport to facilitate the arrival of international tourists who are attracted to the island's beaches.
Airports Corporation of Vietnam began construction of the airport on 23 November 2008 with an investment of VND 3,000 billion. It was designed by Singaporean-US design consulting firm CPG-PAE. After four years work the airport operated its inaugural flight on 15 December 2012.
Airlines and destinations
- "TASECO AIRS 2019 BÁO CÁO THƯỜNG NIÊN". Taseco Airs (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 17 January 2020.
- "Latest news - Discover Phu Quoc - island paradise in the Gulf of Thailand, secluded and beautiful beaches, resorts and hotels on Phu Quoc island, Vietnam..." discoverphuquoc.com.
- "Phu Quoc International Airport to open December 2". Tuổi Trẻ. 1 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Vietnam Airlines capitalises on new Phu Quoc airport". Voice of Vietnam. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Asiana Airlines W19 Phu Quoc service changes". Routesonline.
- Bich, Quyen (12 January 2021). "Mở hai đường bay mới nối Cần Thơ với Côn Đảo, Phú Quốc" (in Vietnamese). Sai Gon Giai Phong. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "Bamboo Airways liên tiếp mở thêm 3 đường bay kết nối Đà Nẵng với giá vé từ 49.000 đồng". Bamboo Airways (in Vietnamese). 20 July 2020. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- "Bamboo Airways mở đường bay Thanh Hóa - Phú Quốc và Thanh Hóa - Quy Nhơn từ ngày 1/7". Vietnambiz (in Vietnamese). 12 June 2020. Retrieved 13 June 2020.
- "Bangkok Airways proposes Phu Quoc launch in W17". routesonline. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "China Southern Adds Guangzhou - Phu Quoc Service from July 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "EastarJet expands Vietnam network in Feb 2019". Routesonline.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Phu Quoc service from late-Dec 2019". Routesonline.
- "Jeju Air 4Q19 network additions". Routesonline.
- "대한항공, 내년 11월 마일리지 복합결제 시범 도입 外". 팍스넷뉴스.
- "Lucky Air schedules new SE Asia routes in W16". routesonline. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Neos W18 Phu Quoc routing changes". Routesonline.
- "Okay Airways adds Nanning – Phu Quoc route from Nov 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Jetstar Pacific expands domestic routes from Da Nang in S19". Routesonline.
- "Flight Map". royalflight.ru.
- "Holidays to Vietnam 2017/2018". Thomson Airways. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "Phu Quoc - Matkat Vietnamin trooppiselle paratiisisaarelle". TUI.fi.
- Rasi, Maarit (25 January 2017). "Finnair aloittaa suorat lennot Goalle: Lentoyhtiöiden uutuuskohteet tarjoavat aurinkorantoja ja ihmisvilinää". Ilta-Sanomat.
- "Thomson Airways Schedules Boeing 787-9 W16 Nordic Operations". Routesonline.
- Liu, Jim. "VietJet Air schedules new domestic routes from mid-June 2020". Routesonline. Retrieved 15 June 2020.
- "Vietjet Air adds Phu Quoc – Seoul service from Dec 2018". routesonline. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Vietnam Airlines tiếp tục mở rộng mạng bay nội địa". Vietnam Airlines (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- "Vietnam Airlines tiếp tục mở 5 đường bay nội địa mới". Vietnam Airlines (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 3 July 2020.
- "Vietnam Airlines sắp mở 6 đường bay mới". Vietnambiz (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 1 June 2020.
- "Vietnam Airlines mở đường bay mới Vinh – Phú Quốc và Vinh – Nha Trang". Vietnam Airlines (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 20 July 2020.
- "Vietnam Airlines adds Phu Quoc – Wenzhou service in 3Q17". Routesonline.
- Liu, Jim (27 April 2020). "Vietnam Airlines to expand Russia network in S20". routesonline.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phu Quoc International Airport.|