|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ranaghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Ranaghat Uttar Paschim|
Phulia (also spelt Fulia /in Bengali ফুলিয়া )is a census town under Shantipur police station of Ranaghat subdivision in Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. This is birthplace of 'Adi kavi' of Bengal Krittibas Ojha .
Fulia is located at  It is located in Santipur block, Ranaghat subdivision, Nadia district. Shantipur police station serves this block. It is located in the banks of Bhagirathi (Hoogli ) river ..
CD Block HQ
The headquarters of Santipur CD Block are located at Buincha, as per Nadia District Census Handbook 2011. On Page 422 in the Santipur CD Block map, Buincha is shown as part of Phulia census town. According to the district administration, the Block Development Office is located at PO Fulia Colony.
The produce is marketed through some whole sellers & co-operatives and various undertakings. But nowadays, the main problem in making the handicraft is the rising price of raw materials and inadequate supply of skilled labour (mainly from Cooch Behar district of West Bengal and Assam region). So, the economy based on Tant Saree is a diminishing economy and the next generation is not so much interested in this crafts. The weavers need some economic and administrative supports from the Government.
As per the 2011 Census of India, Phulia had a total population of 55,653, of which 28,695 (52%) were males and 26,958 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 4,676. The total number of literates in Phulia was 41,752 (81.90% of the population over 6 years).
There are many Schools and Institutes in this region, some of schools are -
1.Fulia Sikshaniketan High School
2.Fulia Vidya Mandir High School
3.Fulia Balika Vidyalaya .
4.Fulia Kritibas Smriti Vidyalaya .
Traning institutes are also there, those are -
2.Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Fulia
As of 2001[update] India census, Phulia had a population of 50,254. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Phulia has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 62%. In Phulia, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns". Census of India 2001, Urban Frame. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 6 October 2007.
- "Yahoo maps location of Phulia". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 24 December 2008.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 24 December 2008.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 3 August 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2008.
- "District Census Handbook: Nadia, Series 20 Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Nadia with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fourth page) and Map of Santipur CD Block (on page 422). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Ranaghat Sub-division". Slock. Rananaghat SDO. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "A Traditional Panorama - Bengal Art". Arts and Crafts in India. India Profile. Retrieved 8 September 2007.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.