|Indian ambassador to Kyrgyzstan|
|Preceded by||J.S. Pande|
|Born||20 December 1958|
Phunchok Stobdan (born 20 December 1958) is a former Indian civil servant and served as the Indian ambassador to Kyrgyzstan. He was also a senior fellow at Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, New Delhi, and was the founding president of the Ladakh International Centre.
Stobdan is author of the book The Great Game in the Buddhist Himalayas: India and China’s Quest for Strategic Dominance. The book looks at China–India relations through prism of Buddhist Himalayas.
- "Phunchok Stobdan". www.delhipolicygroup.org. Retrieved 2022-02-05.
- "Prof. Phunchok Stobdan to be the next Ambassador of India to Kyrgyzstan".
- Phunchok Stobdan (profile), Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, retrieved 4 June 2020.
- "Former diplomat Stobdan's comments on Dalai Lama spark row, Leh markets shut on Monday". The Print.
- P. Stobdan (26 May 2020). "As China intrudes across LAC, India must be alert to a larger strategic shift". Indian Express.
- Shyam Saran (16 February 2020). "Rocky Mountain High (book review)". Indian Express.
- Bérénice Guyot-Réchard (6 March 2020). "Buddhist power politics". India Today.
- Ajay Banerjee (1 December 2019). "Why Tibet can cause the great Himalayan divide". The Tribune (Chandigarh).
- PTI (12 October 2019). "Book looks at Sino-India ties through prism of Buddhist Himalayas". Outlook.
- Author profile at Penguin India
- Phunchok Stobdan (22 October 2019). "Dalai Lama is at the centre of a new great game in Himalayas between India, China & Tibet". The Print. – An excerpt from The Great Game in the Buddhist Himalayas
- P. Stobdan (28 May 2020). "Ladakh concern overrides LAC dispute". The Tribune (Chandigarh).