|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Giridih|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bermo|
Phusro is a city and a notified area in Bokaro district in the Indian state of Jharkhand. It is situated about 35 kilometres (22 mi) from district headquarters of Bokaro district. Damodar River passes through it.
As per 2011 Census of India, Phusro Urban Agglomeration had a total population of 186,139, of which 97,665 were males and 88,874 females. Phusro Urban Agglomeration is composed of Phusro (Nagar Parishad), Bermo (Census Town), Jaridih Bazar (CT), Bokaro (CT) and Kurpania (CT).
As per 2011 Census of India, Phusro Nagar Parishad had a total population of 89,178, of which 46,605 were males and 42,573 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 13,635 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 5,109. 
As of 2011[update] census, the total number of literates in Phusro UA was 131,202 (79.99% of total population) out of which 75,847 (88.26% of males) were males and 55,355 (70.90% of females)were females.
It has many good schools namely DAV Public School, Bharat Singh Public School, Rukmini Devi Public School, Saraswati Vidya Mandir (Anapati Devi), Saraswati Shisu Vidya Mandir, Dhori, Rambilas High School, Carmel School, Ram Ratan High School and others. It has one girls college, JSM college which is affiliated to VBU, Hazaribagh. Many students study outside the state due to lack of good higher education college. Shubhra Saxena, a girl who topped the UPSC 2008 was an alumnus of DAV Public School, Dhori.
Phusro railway station (PUS) is connected to Kolkata, Bhopal, Ajmer, Jabalpur, Ujjain, Patna by direct trains. It lies on the Gomoh-Barkakana lines.The station has been selected to develop it into 'ADARSH STATION' in a recent rail budget. But station lack in passengers amenities and trains. Large numbers of buses ply between Phusro and neighbouring cities like Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Bokaro, and Hazaribagh. Buses to north Bihar cities also ply from phusro.
It has two CCL managed hospitals namely Regional Hospital, Dhori and Regional Hospital, kargali and a government hospital called Referral Hospital. Beside that numerous private clinics and hospitals also serve local people.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Provisional population totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Urban Agglomeration – Cities having population 1 lakh and above. Government of India. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Provisional population totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomerations haing population above 1 lakh and above, Census 2011. Government of India. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". Jharkhand – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.