From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Phyllis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Phyllis, princess of Thrace, is a character in Greek mythology.
Phyllis may also refer to:
- Phyllis (river god), a river god of Bithynia
- Phyllis Township, a township in Ontario, Canada
- Phyllis Province, Greece
- Phyllis, Kentucky, U.S.
- Phyllis Lindstrom, a character on The Mary Tyler Moore Show
- Phyllis (TV series), a 1970s TV spin-off featuring the character
- Phyllis (Passions), a minor character on Passions
- Phyllis (ship), a British 1795 shipwreck
- Phyllis, consort of Ereuthalion
- Phyllis, mother of the Trojan Alcaeus
- Phyllis, who rides on Aristotle's back in medieval legend, in some accounts the mistress of Alexander the Great.
- Phyllis (plant), a genus of plants in the Rubiaceae family
People with the given name
- Phyllis Bartholomew (born 1914), long jumper
- Phyllis Calvert (1915–2002), British actress
- Phyllis Coates (born 1927), actress
- Phyllis Diller (1917–2012), actress/comedian
- Phyllis Dillon (1944–2004), rocksteady singer
- Phyllis Gotlieb (1926–2009), Canadian writer
- Phyllis Hyman (1949–1995), jazz singer
- Phyllis Newman (born 1933), actress
- Phyllis Schlafly (1924–2016), writer
- Phyllis Smith (born 1951), actress
- Phyllis Thaxter (1919–2012), actress
- Phyllis A. Whitney (1903–2008), writer
- Phyllis Pearsall (1906–1996), creator of the A to Z map of London
- Phyliss Dennefer, a Marvel Comics character
- Phyllis Lindstrom, a character featured on The Mary Tyler Moore Show played by Cloris Leachman
- Phyllis Summers Newman, a character on The Young and the Restless
- Phyllis Vance (née Lapin), a character on The Office played by Phyllis Smith
- Jennifer Jones (1919–2009), American film actress, born Phylis Lee Isley
- All pages beginning with "Phyllis (disambiguation)"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Phyllis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.