|Born||Madison, Wisconsin, United States|
|Education||School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 1973 MFA|
|Alma mater||University of Illinois, Urbana, 1963 BFA|
Phyllis Bramson has exhibited her work internationally. Her exhibitions include In a Pictorial Framework at the New Museum in 1979,Phyllis Bramson, 1973–1986 at the Renaissance Society in Chicago, Illinois and Gallerie Farideh Cadot in Paris, France.
- "Art People: Phyllis Bramson gives pieces a chance | Calendar | Chicago Reader". chicagoreader.com. Retrieved 2014-02-02.
- In A Pictorial Framework, New York, The New Museum, 1979.
- Phyllis Bramson, 1973–1986, Chicago, The Renaissance Society at The University of Chicago, 1986.
- "Women's Caucus for Art". Women's Caucus for Art. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- King, Elaine A. Phyllis Bramson, Paintings and Drawings, Hewlett Gallery, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, 1985.
- The Developing Image: Continuity and Change in a Chicago Artistic Tradition, University Art Museum, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1988.
- Exhibition 12: Studio Arts Faculty-School of Art and Design, The University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1989.
- The Locations of Desire, State of Illinois Art Gallery, Chicago, Illinois, 1990.Chicago Imagism: A 25 Year Survey, Davenport Museum of Art, Davenport, IA, 1994.
- I Tremble for You: Phyllis Bramson, Mesaros Galleries, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, 2009.