Phyllis Fay Bloom|
May 25, 1926
July 14, 2009 (aged 83)|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto|
Prix Aurora Award
Calvin Gotlieb (m. 1949)
The Sunburst Award is named for her first novel, Sunburst. Three years before Sunburst was published, Gotlieb published the pamphlet Who Knows One, a collection of poems. Gotlieb won the Prix Aurora Award for Best Novel in 1982 for her novel A Judgement of Dragons.
- Sunburst. New York: Fawcett, 1964.
- Why Should I Have All the Grief? Toronto: Macmillan, 1969.
- O Master Caliban! New York: Harper and Row, 1976.
- A Judgement of Dragons. New York: Berkley Publishers, 1980.
- Emperor, Swords, Pentacles. New York: Ace, 1982.
- Son of the Morning and Other Stories. New York: Ace, 1983.
- The Kingdom of the Cats. New York: Ace, 1985.
- Heart of Red Iron. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1989.
- Blue Apes. Edmonton: Tesseract Books, 1995.
- Flesh and Gold. New York: Tor, 1998.
- Violent Stars. New York: Tor, 1999.
- Mindworld. New York: Tor, 2002.
- Birthstones. Toronto: Robert J. Sawyer Books, 2007.
- Who Knows One? Toronto: Hawkshead Press, 1961.
- Within the Zodiac. Toronto: McClelland & Stewart, 1964.
- Ordinary Moving. Toronto: Oxford University Press, 1969.
- Doctor Umlaut's Earthly Kingdom. London, ON: Calliope Press, 1974.
- The Works. London, ON: Calliope Press, 1978.
- Red Blood Black Ink White Paper: New and Selected Poems 1961–2001. Toronto: Exile Editions, 2002. – 2002
- Phyllis Loves Kelly. Toronto: University of Toronto, 2014.
Except where noted, bibliographic information courtesy Brock University.
- Phyllis Gotlieb Service Details
- The Sunburst Award
- Phyllis Fay Gotlieb at The Canadian Encyclopedia
- "Selected Poetry of Phyllis Gotlieb Archived 4 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine.," Representative Poetry Online, UToronto.ca, Web, April 27, 2001.
- "Phyllis Gotlieb," Canadian Women Poets, BrockU.ca, Web, April 27, 2011.
- Obituary by Cory Doctorow
- Phyllis Gotlieb at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Selected poetry of Phyllis Gotlieb – Biography & 15 poems (Aquarius, as I was walking down the street, A Catful of Buttermilk, Death's Head, A Discourse, A Double Vision, First Person Demonstrative, Hospitality, Latitude, Ordinary, Moving, Red Black White, Seventh Seal, So Long It's Been, Thirty-Six Ways of Looking at Toronto Ontario, What I Know (Making Free with Villon's Smalltalk))