March 16, 1924|
|Died||August 2, 2015
|Alma mater||University of Toronto
University of Ottawa
|Notable works||Elusive Subject - A Biographer's Life, 1999|
Born in Toronto, Ontario, she received a Bachelor of Arts degree, honours English from the University of Toronto and a Master of Arts degree from the University of Ottawa. In 1962, she obtained her doctorate from the University of London and also received a Doctor of Letters from University of Trinity College.
She was a professor emeritus at the University of Toronto.
She was previously married to Robert Grosskurth, and Mavor Moore from 1968 to 1978. She was married to Robert McMullan.
She died on August 2, 2015 in a Toronto nursing home.
- Byron: The Flawed Angel (1997)
- The Secret Ring: Freud's Inner Circle and the Politics of Psychoanalysis (1991)
- Melanie Klein: Her World and Her Work (1986), winner of the 1986 Governor General's Awards
- Havelock Ellis: A Biography (1980)
- John Addington Symonds: A Biography (1964), winner of the 1964 Governor General's Awards
- "The Writers' Union of Canada profile". Retrieved December 30, 2005.
- "Canadian Who's Who 1997 entry". University of Toronto Press. Retrieved November 18, 2007.
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|