Physical Review A
|Physical Review; Physical Review A, General Physics|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Phys. Rev. A At. Mol. Opt. Phys.|
|Discipline||Atomic, molecular, and optical physics|
|Edited by||Gordon W. F. Drake|
American Physical Society (United States)
Physical Review A: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics is a monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by the American Physical Society covering atomic, molecular, and optical physics. The editor-in-chief is Gordon W. F. Drake (University of Windsor).
in 1893 the Physical Review was established; it was taken over by the American Physical Society in 1913. In 1970, it was subdivided into Physical Review A, B, C, and D. At that time section A was subtitled, Physical Review A: General Physics. From 1990 until 1993 a process was started to split this journal into two. Hence, in 1993, it changed in name to its current title. In January 2007, the section Physical Review E which published works on classical optics, was merged into Physical Review A, unifying the classical and quantum parts of optics into a single journal.
Rapid communications section
Physical Review A Rapid Communications was introduced in 1981 to provide a venue for quick publication of high-impact articles similar to Physical Review Letters, but for a more specialized audience. As of May 1, 2012, the editors have made more explicit the requirement for significance in Rapid articles. In addition, as of March 8, 2010, the editors have placed newly published Rapid Communications articles on rotation as highlights on the Physical Review A website, so as to give them more visibility.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- SPIN database
- Chemical Abstracts Service/CASSI
- Science Citation Index
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Computer & Control Abstracts
- Physics Abstracts
- "Home page". American Physical Society. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "About the Physical Review Journals". American Physical Society. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- Drake, Gordon W. F. (July 1, 2010). "Editorial: 40th Anniversary of Physical Review A". American Physical Society. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Renewed Standards for Rapid Communications in Physical Review A". APS. Retrieved 2012-12-20.
- "Highlighting PRA Rapid Communications". APS. Retrieved 2012-12-20.
- "About Physical Review A". American Physical Society. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Inspec list of journals" (PDF). Inspec. Institution of Engineering and Technology. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
- "Physical Review A". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.