PiP Animation Services
Number of employees
PiP Animation Services Inc. is a full-service animation studio-like part of Toronto's animation-and-broadcasting service DHX Media. Its current work includes the Teletoon series "Carl Squared", the CBC series "The Secret World of Og"and the WNET series "Cyberchase".
In 2000, Pip did some work on the animated series Anne of Green Gables, in conjunction with Sullivan Entertainment's animation studio. Pip was specifically responsible for the digital backgrounds of certain episodes.
Pip did work on a couple of shows for the Amberwood Productions studio. The first was the "Katie and Orbie" television program. They were responsible for the background colors and the unit background designs for the show. The studio also did work on their show "Hoze Houndz".
Contributions to the animation/film industry
In 1999, Pip partnered with imX communications Inc., and Funbag Animation Studios Inc. to announce two new animation production companies: Helix Animation Inc. in Halifax, Nova Scotia and Helix Digital Inc. in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Helix Animation began working in July 1999, and Helix Digital officially opened its doors for business in June 2000.
In 2008, Pip hosted a party at the Ottawa International Animation Festival.
- Mark Dillon (2001-01-22). "Pip Animation benefits from tax credits". Playback Online.
- "Lost Planet Editor Hank Corwin Delivers Monster Campaign". Design in Motion.
- "Caillou Wins - Congratulations!!". oldfatkatanimation.blogspot.com. 2006-09-24.
- "New Animation Studios for N.S.". Official Website for the Government of Nova Scotia. 1999-07-23.
- "Animation studios explode onto the Atlantic scene". Playback Online. 1999-08-09.
- "Animation Studio Opens in Sydney, Creating 31 Jobs through Government of Canada Assistance". Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation. 2000-06-02.
- "Ottawa Int'l Animation Festival - August Newsletter". OttawaStart.com.