Pia Nilsson (golfer)
|College||Arizona State University|
|Former tour(s)||LPGA Tour|
Ladies European Tour
|Best results in LPGA major championships|
|Women's PGA C'ship||T44: 1983|
|U.S. Women's Open||T44: 1986|
|du Maurier Classic||T45: 1983|
Nilsson played on the Swedish National Amateur Golf Team from 1974–1981, appearing twice in the Espirito Santo Trophy World Amateur Team Championship (1976 and 1980), and she won the European Ladies' Team Championship in 1981. She played her collegiate golf at Arizona State University, graduating with a B.S. in Physical Education in 1981 having made All-Conference Second Team in 1980–1981.
She played on the U.S.-based LPGA Tour from 1983 to 1987 with moderate success. She also played in Europe, winning her first professional tournament on the Telia Tour at the 1986 SI Trygg-Hansa Open. She had four other Telia Tour wins – the 1987 IBM Ladies Open, the 1988 Ängsö Ladies Open, the 1989 Stora Lundby Ladies Open and SM Matchplay.
She became head coach for the Swedish National Women's Teams (juniors, amateurs and pros) in Sweden from 1990 to 1995 and Head Coach for the Swedish National Teams (men and women; pros, amateurs and juniors) from 1996 to 1998, and was the Captain of the 1998 European Solheim Cup Team.
- "World Amateur Team Championship Record Books Player: Pia Nilsson". International Golf Federation. Retrieved 2007-04-21.
- "Honors and Accolades". Arizona State Sun Devils. Archived from the original on 2007-02-09. Retrieved 2007-04-20.
- "Pia Nilsson Results 1986". Golfdata.se. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-04-21.
- "Pia Nilsson Results 1987". Golfdata.se. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-04-21.
- "Pia Nilsson Results 1988". Golfdata.se. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-04-21.
- "Pia Nilsson Results 1989". Golfdata.se. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-04-21.
- Sörenstam, Annika. "Lessons in Golf and Life". Golf for Women. Archived from the original on 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2007-04-21.