Piasa Township, Jersey County, Illinois
Location in Jersey County
Jersey County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 5, 1878|
|• Total||36.1 sq mi (93 km2)|
|• Land||35.99 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.11 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.30%|
|Elevation||591 ft (180 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||93.8/sq mi (36.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
62012, 62035, 62052
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.1 square miles (93 km2), of which 35.99 square miles (93.2 km2) (or 99.70%) is land and 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) (or 0.30%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Brighton (western portion)
- Fidelity Township (north)
- Shipman Township, Macoupin County (northeast)
- Brighton Township, Macoupin County (east)
- Foster Township, Madison County (southeast)
- Godfrey Township, Madison County (south)
- Mississippi Township (west)
- Jersey Township (northwest)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Botts, Edwards, Eldridge, Marston and Saint Alphonsus.
- Thunderbird Lake
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 97
- State Senate District 49
- "Piasa Township, Jersey County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.