Piazzale Roma is a square in Venice, Italy, at the entrance of the city, at the end of the Ponte della Libertà. Piazzale Roma and nearby Tronchetto island are the only places in Venice's insular urban core accessible to ground motor vehicles, such as automobiles and buses.
The square acts as the main bus station for Venice. There are bus links to Venice Marco Polo Airport and Treviso Airport. The square is close to the main Santa Lucia (Ferrovia) railway station for Venice, linked by the Ponte della Costituzione, a modern footbridge over the western end of the Grand Canal, installed in 2008. The Venice People Mover, a public transit system, connects Tronchetto island and Piazzale Roma. It started operating in 2010.
- Piazza San Marco, the main square in Venice
- "Piazzale Roma: Bus station and major entry point to Venice". Venice Tourist Information. Italy Heaven, UK. Retrieved August 26, 2011. External link in
- "Piazzale Roma". Venice for Visitors. Europe for Visitors. Retrieved August 26, 2011. External link in
- "Venice bus station". Piazzale Roma and Tronchetto. Venice Travel. Retrieved August 26, 2011. External link in
- "Piazzale Roma - Venice Bus Terminal". Venice Explorer. Retrieved August 26, 2011. External link in
|This article on a location in Veneto is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This bus station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|