Pick n Pay Stores
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (October 2021)
|Headquarters||Kenilworth, Cape Town, South Africa|
Number of locations
|1,628 (968 company-owned and 660 franchised)|
|Gareth Ackerman: (Non-executive Chairman)
Pieter Boone: (CEO)Lerena Olivier: (CFO)
|Revenue||R93.0 billion (2021)|
|R15.25 billion (2018)|
|R967.1 million (2021)|
|Total assets||R37.8 billion (2021)|
|Total equity||R4.02 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
The Pick n Pay Group is a retail business in the fast-moving consumer goods industry. The Group operates through multiple store formats under three brands – Pick n Pay, Boxer and TM Supermarkets. Pick n Pay also operates one of the largest online grocery platforms in sub-Saharan Africa. Raymond Ackerman purchased the first four Pick n Pay stores in Cape Town, South Africa, in 1967 from Jack Goldin. Since then, the Group has grown to encompass stores across South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Nigeria, Eswatini and Lesotho. Pick n Pay also owns a 49% share of Zimbabwean supermarket chain, TM Supermarkets.
As of 2021, the company was operating at 1,994 locations across eight countries on the African continent.
- Pick n Pay Hypermarkets 21 (owned)
- Pick n Pay Supermarkets 530 (287 owned and 243 franchise)
- Pick n Pay Clothing 255 (235 owned and 20 franchise)
- Pick n Pay Liquor 506 (264 owned and 242 franchise)
- Pick n Pay Express 174 (franchise)
- Pick n Pay Market stores 38 (Spaza partners)
- Boxer Supermarkets 208 (owned)
- Boxer Punch 17 (owned)
- Boxer Build 30 (owned)
- Boxer Liquor 87 (owned)
- TM Supermarkets 61 (associate – 33 trading as TM; 28 trading as Pick n Pay)
- ^ Pick n Pay website, About Us
- ^ a b c d "Annual Report 2021" (PDF). Pick n Pay. Retrieved 2021-10-20.
- ^ a b c https://www.picknpayinvestor.co.za/downloads/annual-report/2021/pick-n-pay-iar-new.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- ^ Cone, Matteo (2013-12-01). "King of the Clicks' empire". Tribute to Jack Goldin. Retrieved 2022-04-23.
- ^ "Pick n Pay Stores Ltd.:Integrated Annual Report 2018" (PDF).
- Pick n Pay