Pickens, West Virginia
|Pickens, West Virginia|
|Census-designated place (CDP)|
|• Total||2.031 sq mi (5.26 km2)|
|• Land||2.031 sq mi (5.26 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||2,687 ft (819 m)|
|• Density||32/sq mi (13/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||304 & 681|
|GNIS feature ID||1544793|
Pickens is a census-designated place (CDP) in Randolph County, West Virginia, United States. Pickens is 13 miles (21 km) west-southwest of Huttonsville. It is the home of the Cunningham-Roberts Museum. Pickens has a post office with ZIP code 26230. As of the 2010 census, its population was 66.
The climate in this area has mild differences between highs and lows, and there is adequate rainfall year round. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Pickens has a marine west coast climate, abbreviated "Cfb" on climate maps.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Pickens, West Virginia
- ZIP Code Lookup
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 485.
- Climate Summary for Pickens, West Virginia
- Admiral Frank G. Farion
|This article about a location in Randolph County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|