Pickle Lake Airport
|Pickle Lake Airport|
|Operator||Government of Ontario|
|Location||Pickle Lake, Ontario|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−05:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||1,268 ft / 386 m|
Pickle Lake Airport, (IATA: YPL, ICAO: CYPL), is located 0.7 nautical miles (1.3 km; 0.81 mi) southwest of Pickle Lake, Ontario, Canada. It is serviced by North Star Air and Wasaya Airways with regular scheduled flights from Thunder Bay and Sioux Lookout.
Accidents and incidents
- On 12 May 1977, Douglas R4D-1 C-FBKV of Patricia Air Services was written off in an accident. One person was killed.
- On 11 May 1987, Douglas C-47B C-FADD of Air Manitoba crashed near Pickle Lake after a structural failure of the port wing. The aircraft was on a domestic cargo flight from Big Trout Lake Airport to Pickle Lake Airport. Both crew were killed.
- On 17 March 2017, Basler BT-67 C-FKGL of Private Air crashed on take-off for Big Trout Airport, Ontario. All three crew survived.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 19 July 2018 to 0901Z 13 September 2018.
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation
- "C-FBKV Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- "C-FADD Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- "C-FKGL accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Pickle Lake Airport from Nav Canada as available.
|This article about an airport in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|